VOGONS

First post, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey

I was wondering if someone can post a picture on the ibm 760cd (or equivalent) board under the armrest. The board where the speaker connectors are attached.

I forgot to take a picture before I started working on it before I had worked on it. The connectors were damaged and I ended up soldering them directly to the board but I think I messed up the polarity of the speaker connectors because they sound very strange. (Might also be an other problem but I would like to make sure it's not the polarity.)

Is there a good way of knowing if you have connected the speakers correctly?

Reply 1 of 2, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Make sure the mylar film on the speakers is clean without any metallic debris on top. You can suck up the mylar if it's pushed in.

Here's a pic of my 760LD's RTC / keyboard / speakers PCB, hope it helps:

IBM-760LD-RTC-Speakers-PCB (Custom).JPG
Filename
IBM-760LD-RTC-Speakers-PCB (Custom).JPG
File size
1000.03 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 2 of 2, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Thermalwrong wrote on 2024-01-22, 22:14:

Make sure the mylar film on the speakers is clean without any metallic debris on top. You can suck up the mylar if it's pushed in.

Here's a pic of my 760LD's RTC / keyboard / speakers PCB, hope it helps:IBM-760LD-RTC-Speakers-PCB (Custom).JPG

Thank you very much.

It might be so simple that there is dirt or damage to the speakers. Would be interesting to look into replacements but then I suppose I will have to go down a rabbit hole of researching compatible speakers. 😀