Reply 40 of 56, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:
Recently I started playing Might and Magic VII : For Blood and Honor. […]
Show full quote

Recently I started playing Might and Magic VII : For Blood and Honor.

It seems every enemy I see is annoying. It's brutally hard in the beginning. They also come in packs of unbelievable numbers.

Currently getting pummelled by those spirits. Aaarrgghh....

EDIT : Just remembered - the "Shadow" and "Wraith" in Pool of Radiance : Ruins of Myth Drannor. They drain your stats. And they also have high THACO roll requirement. It's a real pain to get them hit. They on the other hand seem to be very good at screwing you. Whenever it's their turn, all you do is pray that you won't get hit.

The problem is you get to meet them early in the game, and this game is very punishing at the beginning and at lower player levels.

I remember level-draining undead being bad in the original Pool of Radiance when clearing out the cemetary (sic?) Almost always had to go spend major coin at the cleric back in town to restore one of my guys.

Did anyone else find the bug in the goldbox games where you could shoot your guy with a wand of magic missile if they were killed, then run over and heal them really quick? That saved me from having to reload so many times, since even if you had a cleric with Raise Dead it would lower your chars constitution.

I really want to load up Pool of Darkness and get around to finishing that, now that I think of it.

Reply 41 of 56, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jwt27 wrote:

Really Morrowind should've had more of these enemies. Once you're at level 50 or so and you can kill anything in 2-3 hits, every enemy just turns into an annoyance. But the strong emotional response these things consistently manage to invoke in me is unmatched.

I'm currently at level 23 an able to kill almost any creature wandering around Vvanderfell with a single blow at 100 difficulty :{ Except for various daedra, they usually take 2-3 hits. I just wish there was more high-level content. Once most of your equipment is daedric artifacts and the other stuff is from daedric armor set, there's not much to do. Bloodmoon and Tribunal spice things up a little, but it's not enough.

Reply 43 of 56, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've never expected this thread would be lively again. I mean, I just vented about Knights of the Sky and...

Makes me thinking, is the spider demon ubiquitous? I don't mind challenging computer game, but annoyance is completely another thing.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 44 of 56, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Gestapo officers in the original Castle Wolfenstein, I would crack a nerve each time when one entered a room.
The porticullis in Karateka, what a sick idea was that. 🤣
The flying saucers / drones in Choplifter.
The ghosts in Pacman.
I can go on all day. =)

Reply 45 of 56, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Procyon wrote:

The Gestapo officers in the original Castle Wolfenstein, I would crack a nerve each time when one entered a room.

You mean the SS? And don't those assholes seem to always know you're in disguise too?

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 46 of 56, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB2zE2qytYE

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 47 of 56, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DracoNihil wrote:
Procyon wrote:

You mean the SS? And don't those assholes seem to always know you're in disguise too?

That is possible but I don't mean the guards or the ones behind a desk but the ones that suddenly appeared out of nowhere and shout something indistinguisable.

Reply 50 of 56, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Procyon wrote:

That is possible but I don't mean the guards or the ones behind a desk but the ones that suddenly appeared out of nowhere and shout something indistinguisable.

From the few videos of the C64 version, they're screaming "SS!!!"

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 51 of 56, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm going to go with "All the Other Drivers" in Tokyo Extreme Racer 2, on the Dreamcast. Why? They cheat like incredible bastards.

As far as I can tell their vehicle physics isn't modelled, so they can take corners impossibly fast. They bounce off walls with barely any speed hit (you virtually stop dead) and rubber band like crazy if you do manage to get a little bit ahead. And their top speed is always faster than yours in the same car with the same engine upgrades.

But the worst part is - and I'm *convinced* they programmed this in on purpose - the AI racers will throw the race by leaving the track if you're winning and you come up to a junction point. F*CK THAT BEHAVIOR RIGHT IN THE BUTT.

It would be an awesome game if they'd added an 'easy' mode for people who don't have hundreds of hours to grind away at some dumb racer, but as it is it's FULLY rage-inducing to play for any length of time.

I game to relax and have *fun*, not watch the AI cheat and be a sore loser if it doesn't win. If I wanted that I'd go online and battle 12-year-olds.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 52 of 56, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The cops in Carmageddon/Splat Pack. Absolute vermin!

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 54 of 56, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hammer Bros in any Super Mario game, especially when you're small Mario so you can't power-boost through their RNG wall of hammers.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 56 of 56, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hegemony Clone MKIII from Terra Nova is pretty annoying.

First time I ever bother to use the Thermal Disruptor because of their overpowered health and armour.

― Κυνικός Δράκων