Common searches

The American Brexit

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 141, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not sure a straight popular vote is what we need either. Why not a parliamentary system, so we don't have this absurd 2 party winner-take-all nonsense every 4 years, or if that isn't a viable/good option (maybe someone from UK can chime in how they feel about their system) then why not take the 3rd party candidate with the most votes and they become part of the winners cabinet? At least that way the 3rd parties end up performing some useful function rather than just being bomb-throwers or siphoning votes away from one or the other major parties. Anything to get some difference of opinion and not just the liberal/conservative echo chamber we have now.

Reply 21 of 141, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just to make this topic more serious, here is a video appeared in june, it definitely predicted the thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs

Let's hope mr.president won't blow the planet with a giant robo-trump.

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 22 of 141, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wondering if the people who said they'd leave the country are going to stick to what they said 🤣

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 23 of 141, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You know what, snorg, I like the idea of a parliamentary system. It certainly has worked well for other Western nations over the years.

Phil: Well, I'd just love to see Miley Cyrus and Lena Dunham get the heck out of my country.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 24 of 141, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keenmaster486 wrote:

You know what, snorg, I like the idea of a parliamentary system. It certainly has worked well for other Western nations over the years.

Phil: Well, I'd just love to see Miley Cyrus and Lena Dunham get the heck out of my country.

Lena Dunham I can agree on. At least Miley is easier on the eyes.

Reply 25 of 141, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Electing Trump was the best thing the people in this country has done in decades and finally there will be a real chance to drain the swamp that is corruption in government and big business. Those who voted for Clinton have to be snowflakes or just crazy knowing her history going back into the 70s and 80s, there are plenty of skeletons including a few dead reporters over the years.

About time the elite get the middle finger from this side of the pond, by the way Canada if you like liberals you can have ours.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 26 of 141, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
nforce4max wrote:

by the way Canada if you like liberals you can have ours.

YES. And California, too. Actually let's just give California back to Mexico. Methinks they'd be just great with that. Multiculturalism, right?

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 27 of 141, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keenmaster486 wrote:
nforce4max wrote:

by the way Canada if you like liberals you can have ours.

YES. And California, too. Actually let's just give California back to Mexico. Methinks they'd be just great with that. Multiculturalism, right?

If anything it will go to the Chinese and it won't be pleasant for those living there.

Reply 29 of 141, by vladstamate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I personally think it is terrible that Trump won. His government will bring back a lot of of the bigotry, hatred and intolerance that we managed to somewhat get rid of the past 8 years. And with Republicans also controlling both houses a lot of backwards laws might get passed. Things like transgender rights, marriage equality, minority rights (and specially protection) will go down the drain. Sad.

But it is not the end of the world and 50% of Americans still will oppose him. I certainly do not agree with states leaving the union. That is just backwards.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HbC_nq8t1S9l7qGYL0mTA
Collection: http://www.digiloguemuseum.com/index.html
Emulator: https://sites.google.com/site/capex86/
Raytracer: https://sites.google.com/site/opaqueraytracer/

Reply 30 of 141, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vladstamate wrote:

I personally think it is terrible that Trump won. His government will bring back a lot of of the bigotry, hatred and intolerance that we managed to somewhat get rid of the past 8 years. And with Republicans also controlling both houses a lot of backwards laws might get passed. Things like transgender rights, marriage equality, minority rights (and specially protection) will go down the drain. Sad.

But it is not the end of the world and 50% of Americans still will oppose him. I certainly do not agree with states leaving the union. That is just backwards.

When people start blurting out about racism, hatred, and intolerance it is MSM programming more than anything else. Doesn't help that the education system in most western countries were taken over decades ago by the far left. Do people who believe this stuff even have their own values anymore...

Trump is no saint but neither is any of us and we all got our own faults.

Reply 33 of 141, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
nforce4max wrote:

Electing Trump was the best thing the people in this country has done in decades and finally there will be a real chance to drain the swamp that is corruption in government and big business.

They're really just swapping corruption that happens behind closed doors, for corruption that happens out in the open.

Mr Trump doesn't care if you know how many city officials he has to pay off to be allowed to develop property, to him, that's just the cost of doing business.

Ethics and propriety are not his concerns, but at the very least he's honest about that.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 34 of 141, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The one good thing that could come of this is Trump is in favor of single payer healthcare. Which is what Obamacare would have been, most likely, if he hadn't been c-blocked at every turn.

Reply 35 of 141, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:
nforce4max wrote:

Please stop saying things.

Are you "triggered" yet? The disease that is liberalism destroyed a generation, last thing is world needs is triggleypuff and other sjw snowflakes...

Reply 36 of 141, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think badmojo was just concerned that rhetoric and phrasing such as that usually leads to flaming and threads getting locked, thus stopping short structured and civil conversation. Religion and politics are two of the worst subjects as far as tempers and feelings are concerned.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 37 of 141, by vladstamate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, I agree. Your last two posts nforce4max have been somewhat aggressive and attacking. No need for that.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HbC_nq8t1S9l7qGYL0mTA
Collection: http://www.digiloguemuseum.com/index.html
Emulator: https://sites.google.com/site/capex86/
Raytracer: https://sites.google.com/site/opaqueraytracer/

Reply 38 of 141, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keenmaster486 wrote:

snorg: This is not Hunger Games. In four years things will have changed a lot, but Trump will not turn America into an authoritarian dictatorship.

You say so, and I hope you're right, but really what is there to stop him?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 39 of 141, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ODwilly wrote:

I think badmojo was just concerned that rhetoric and phrasing such as that usually leads to flaming and threads getting locked, thus stopping short structured and civil conversation. Religion and politics are two of the worst subjects as far as tempers and feelings are concerned.

The things that I could say are much more aggressive than anything that I have posted thus far but we are all adults and there comes a point in life where we are expected to have thicker skin. People these days are so fragile and easily offended amazes me, the world isn't a nice place and people should wake up to that but dialog is important even when there is strong disagreements. If anything people are just still children just in aged middle age or older bodies, if ever the poop were to hit the fan like an economic collapse God help us.

On the side we are getting small riots by enraged Hillary supporters...