Topic actions

Reply 60 of 73, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2021-08-05, 20:33:
subhuman@xgtx wrote on 2021-08-03, 19:42:

Did anyone really believe this was even supposed to be a half-baked announcement?

Unfortunately i've seen at least three who expressed genuine excitement.

Snopes needs a 3dfx category...

Print a 3dfx logo and affix it to a USB3 VGA stick

They should be good

Reply 61 of 73, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, it's over . The tweet is gone. See https://twitter.com/3dfxofficial and this https://twitter.com/AtiParody .

Apparently whoever was behind this called it a parody . I guess it technically fits the definition :

a feeble or ridiculous imitation

Source : https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parody

The emphasis should be on feeble, IMHO .

Reply 62 of 73, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

🤣 and the ATI account is all passive-agro at people who disliked the 3dfx account:

> In today's society, you get angry at someone who's having fun with various parody accounts like 3dfx, Interplay and ATI, when the person behind the account has mental health problems (anxiety, major depression, etc) in real-life and you decide to call them names. How thoughtful.

Reply 65 of 73, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So it's over as obvious even if it make it think about it if just a joke or some social marketing "brand survey". The time this story continued has been strangely too long even if the story could have been done much better to look serious and to have more views.

Reply 67 of 73, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Unless it was a "false flag" by nVidia to gauge interest.... 👹

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 69 of 73, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kolderman wrote on 2021-08-06, 02:48:

> In today's society, you get angry at someone who's having fun with various parody accounts like 3dfx, Interplay and ATI, when the person behind the account has mental health problems (anxiety, major depression, etc) in real-life and you decide to call them names. How thoughtful.

Mental health problems.. Yes, I think they are a thing.
There's also a positive version, kinda the opposite.

There's a saying for this. I think it goes like this:
The person that's the most cheerful (in a group) is the most lonely.. 😢

I think that's true often. A person that cares for other's feelings and tries to make them happy/to cheer them up all the time,
likely has (has had) a lot of worries in the past
or is secretly depressed also.
Because of this, he/she/they tries so hard to save other people from going through the same thing.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 70 of 73, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nowdays and probably even in the past, there're all sort of complex behaviours.. like people that based their whole life on their work position but outside it some doesn't even know who they really are. I'm sure many angry people at work outside were probably nicer and better person to speak to and probably also exists the opposite. It's difficult to say actually who is really him/herself because many seems are acting in the real life too.
In a group of people there are also people that try to share sadness with the others without real motivations to be sad, just cause some doesn't really know or want to at least try to be happy or to see things from a different prospective. I know people that has most things they should need to be happy, health, good job, an house, friends etc.. and still they seems like don't want to appear (!) happy. People that try not to laugh or smile cause sometimes I suppose they think it's a sign of weakness or whatever.

Reply 71 of 73, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I added a note to the first post that it is a hoax or fraud, so we state this right away and don't give it more power!
We can and should still discuss it so not deleting the whole thread. Good or should it be nuked?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 73 of 73, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2021-08-06, 03:06:

I guess we won't see the 3dfaux Hoffa smartphone at the Consumer Electronic Control 2022 🙁

You mean those 3Dfx! .:VooDoo:. jeans more than a few would totally buy?

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png