VOGONS

First post, by Furztherapeut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys, for some reason I can't figure out how to make Technomage work with DgVoodoo 2.61. Also tried v2.54, same problem. Everytime I launch the game it looks like this (original size):

FQjYyxQ.jpg

I've used dgoodoo with tons of old games by now, so I know the procedure. The game will usually detect the DLLs once you put them there. In fact the game's separate graphics setup lists "dgVoodoo DirectX Wrapper", which I've selected. I put the D3D8.dll, D3DImm.dll, DDraw.dll and dgVoodooCpl.exe in the directory, which I think are all the files I need. The game just seems to ignore the DLLs I put there, which is strange cause the graphics setup exe sees them.

Reply 2 of 3, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:

I myself didn't yet test this game.
What does the debug version of dgVoodoo say? Is is detected at all, according to the log?

It says nothing. It's one of these titles:
Re: Tech demos - general discussion

Reply 3 of 3, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh, I had the same guess...
But it's strange that the graphics setup app doesn't initialize DDraw through OLE.

@Furztherapeut
You must change all 'InProc32' entries in the Windows registry containing the path of ddraw.dll. It's safe, I usually do it for myself after each windows feature update - but it's a bit complicated. You need ProcessHacker + the TrustedInstaller plugin.
Or, try the game on Windows 7, it should work there. Win7 contains relative ddraw.dll paths in the registry, unlike Win8/10.