First post, by yochenhsieh
1. install the game.
2. patch to v1.04 (there are different versions, US, EuroEnglish, German, each with different patch). The last v1.05 patch is buggy, don't use it.
3. (optional) use a no-cd crack (replace ds9dw.exe).
4. use a hexeditor to edit ds9dw.exe and replace ddraw.dll to ddra2.dll (two places to replace).
5. copy the wrapper ddra2.dll into game folder.
=== at this stage, game should be playable ===
I heard game may not start if resolution is more than 1600 in width. So you might need to reduce resolution before playing. (unsure because I have 1366x768 screen.)
Play with dgvoodoo2:
1. Extract ddraw.dll, d3d8.dll, d3dimm.dll, dgvoodoo.conf, dgvoodoocpl.exe to game folder.
(Optional) adjust full screen scaling mode to your preference.
2. Start game.
However, whether playing with dgvoodoo2 or not, the frame rate is very low in the missions. I have AMD R3 3300X and GTX 1660super, and in mission only gets less than 20fps. (Last year I posted that dgvoodoo2 could help with low frame rate, but not any more on new hardware.)