VOGONS

First post, by Devil Master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The old nVidia drivers for Windows XP could display games based on DirectX 6 and 7 in stereoscopy. Even Glide-based games could be displayed in stereoscopy that way, because the first version of dgVoodoo wrapped Glide to DX7, which the nVidia drivers supported.

The current version of dgVoodoo does a fine job of wrapping those games to DX11, however, ReShade cannot access the depth buffer of dgVoodoo-mediated games, which means they cannot be viewed in stereoscopy on a modern system. This is why I want to ask Dege: will you ever implement a native stereoscopic view (side-by-side) in dgVoodoo?

Reply 2 of 3, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, I remember that, and also, reading a technical white paper about the underlying driver techonolgy.
There are a few things I don't know though:

- I can't remember what parameters exactly the stereoscopic rendering has, should dig into it / that doc again
- Side-by-side is just presenting one physical image with two (left-right eyes) within it, and then some device is capable to cut it into half, presenting them separately to the left-right eyes? (I'm noob)
- And most importantly: when will I have time to do all this...