List of Games with Ati Truform Support

Getting old software/games running on older hardware.

List of Games with Ati Truform Support

Postby an81 » 2019-6-15 @ 03:15

Hey everyone,

I decided to create a hopefully most comprehensive list of Truform-enabled titles. There are also some titles here that are on the official lists or are mentioned quite often in the old threads by other people, that I don't know how to enable Truform for or simply haven't come to try them out yet. Hopefully as much of this as possible can be resolved with your input. This is what I've come with so far:

Games Confirmed to Support Truform (either by me, or youtube videos/screenshots):

Half-Life and its mods (auto-enabled by default, console ati_subdiv "2.0", ati_npatch "1.0")
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield (auto-enabled by default and apparently for enemy models only)
Soldier of Fortune 2 Double Helix (sof2sp.cfg, r_ext_ati_pntriangles "1", r_ext_ati_tesslevel "2")
Quake (TruQuake Patch)
Quake 2 (TruQuake2 Patch)
Quake III Arena (Patch or special build?)
Hexen II (TruHexen2 Patch, edit of the TruQuake2 Patch)
Unreal Tournament (TruUT patch)
The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind (via FPSOptimizer)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Graphics Options)
Serious Sam First/Second Encounter (Graphics Options)
Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 (UT2004.ini, UseNPatches=True, TesselationFactor=1.0)
Command&Conquer Renegade (Graphics Options or registry HKLM\Software\Westwood\Renegade\System Settings "NPatches" DWORD edit, 1-7 range)
Neverwinter Nights (nwn.ini edit, severe corruption of character models, a pretty much useless feature)
Homeplanet (Graphics Options)
Myth 3 (version 1.1 Graphics Options, gone in 1.3)
Call of Duty + United Offensive (config.cfg, r_ati_pntriangles "1", r_ati_truform_tess "1")
Soul Reaver 2 (registry edit, edit or create "UseNPatches" DWORD in HKCU\Software\Crystal Dynamics\Soul Reaver 2\1.00.000)
DeusEx (TruForm Deus Ex OpenGL Renderer v0.71)
Stronghold 2 (version 1.4.1 Graphics Options)
BorderZone (Graphics Options)

Games with Truform switches, but no obvious visual changes:

America's Army (version 2.8.3 armyops.ini UseNPatches=True, TesselationFactor=1.0)
Blood Omen 2 ("UseNPatches" DWORD in HKCU\Software\Crystal Dynamics\Blood Omen 2 - "on" by default, but no effect on game characters or performance)
Postal 2 (postal2.ini, UseNPatches=True, TesselationFactor=1.0)

Games said to support Truform:

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (wikipedia list) - This must almost certainly be a mistake. Too old and no mention of it anywhere else.
Soldier of Fortune (wikipedia list) - Built on the q2 engine. Substituing the ref_gl.dll for the one from TruQuake2 produces an error on launch, with truform parametrs in the cfg or without.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (on the official list) - I've tried truform cfg parameters from COD, RTCW and SoF2, all to no effect.
FEAR (wikipedia list) - Must be a mistake, no other Lithtech-based games support Truform.
Will Rock (mentioned by others) - Must be a mistake. The game was bundled with many 9000-series Radeons and regularly comes up in "truform" google seaches.
Splinter Cell (mentioned by others, I tried ini parameters from UT2004, no luck)
FIFA 2002 (mentioned by others)
Vietcong (mentioned by others) - Must be a mistake. The game was bundled with many 9000-series Radeons and regularly comes up in "truform" google seaches.
Beam Breakers (mentioned by others)
Deadly Toonz (on the official list, haven't tried it yet)
Madden NFL 2003/2004 (on the official list, haven't tried it yet)
Bugdom (on the official list, version 1.0 doesn't support truform, patch 1.24 doesn't seem to be able to locate the game installation no matter where I put it)
Bugdom 2 (The pc demo version 2.08 has no option for Truform, the Mac one does as per user manual and option menu screenshots)
Stokerider (on the official list, haven't tried it yet)
Last edited by an81 on 2019-6-30 @ 06:35, edited 12 times in total.
an81

Re: List of Games with Ati Truform Support

Postby leileilol » 2019-6-15 @ 22:35

Ugh, a 'confimred list' involving unofficial third-party patches. :|
by the way, DOSBox is not for running Windows 9x
leileilol
l33t++

Postby an81 » 2019-6-16 @ 06:24

leileilol wrote:Ugh, a 'confimred list' involving unofficial third-party patches. :|

Yes, confirmed. What about it?
an81

Postby Scali » 2019-6-16 @ 13:59

an81 wrote:Yes, confirmed. What about it?

I think you should put that in a separate category.
I'd say you have 4 categories here:
1) Official support, confirmed
2) Official support, not confirmed
3) Unofficial patch, confirmed
4) Unofficial patch, not confirmed
Scali
l33t

Postby an81 » 2019-6-16 @ 20:15

Scali wrote:
an81 wrote:Yes, confirmed. What about it?

I think you should put that in a separate category.
I'd say you have 4 categories here:
1) Official support, confirmed
2) Official support, not confirmed
3) Unofficial patch, confirmed
4) Unofficial patch, not confirmed

Why?
an81

Postby Dominus » 2019-6-16 @ 22:21

If you do such a list, do a proper one.
It's important to know whether it is an official support or whether it's a third party one. Same with confirmed. Who confirmed it? Did you? If not what's the source?
Dominus
DOSBox Moderator

Postby an81 » 2019-6-16 @ 22:31

Dominus wrote:If you do such a list, do a proper one.
It's important to know whether it is an official support or whether it's a third party one. Same with confirmed. Who confirmed it? Did you? If not what's the source?

Official list is halfarsed, official support too. Unofficial support is rocksolid and has clear directions for implementation and they are good games too. Confirmation is either by me or visual material available online.
an81

Postby Dominus » 2019-6-16 @ 23:09

The more reason to do it properly
Dominus
DOSBox Moderator

Return to Software