Identify the card in this picture?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

More pics:

Motherboard has 32KB of L2 cache currently installed. Also has places for turbo LED and turbo switch but they are unpopulated. The case doesn't have a plase for them. I may add the switch and LED posts and test it out.
Hopefully the manual will have jumper settings for the cache settings so I can install more.

motherboard.jpg

overhead view

insides.jpg

One of the socketed chips near the L2 cache has a mangled leg. Really doubt it is even making contact. Looks like it came that way from the factory.

chip_bent_leg_1.jpg
chip_bent_leg_2.jpg

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 22 of 26, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice system!
About the SCC-1, the newer version is silkscreened SCC-1A
It really is no issue in gaming, maybe if you compose music you would want the extra samples but otherwise they go unused AFAIK

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 23 of 26, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That bottom slot...if you were to solder another ISA slot to the unused area right behind that slot (below the memory), would that be one of those manufacturer-specific 32 bit slots?

Reply 24 of 26, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looks more like a memory card slot to me, but not too up-to-speed on mid-period 386, so could be wrong.

Reply 25 of 26, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, I think it is probably for some sort of memory card as well. I did find a few similar boards on statson.org that list it as a 32-bit memory add-on card slot.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 26 of 26, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote:

And the extent of the damage caused by the leaking battery.

Looks like even the ground traces are fine. Just discolored.

battery_bottom.jpg

The PC is nearly as nice as the Roland card that was in it 😀 That's great that the corrosion is pretty minimal - but what's up with those capacitors coming off the keyboard connector and going to ground?