PCMCIA Sound Cards

Topic actions

Reply 380 of 383, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-05-13, 09:10:
Bondi wrote on 2021-05-13, 07:45:

By the way, I'm looking for the CD that came with TDK DMC9000. Could someone image it and upload somewhere please?
DMC9000cD.png

Do you need the floppy images as well? I have a CIB TDK DMC9000.

EDIT: Found the answer in the FAQ. No worries, please ignore the question.
http://web.archive.org/web/19991013153624/htt … cab11100.htm#07

cyclone3d, do you have the manual for the DMC9000 by a chance? Mine cane without one, and I could not find it online. I keep getting the error "Timeout of Chip Communication". There sould be something about this on page 99 or 105 depending on the model.
readme file says:
Note: Depending on the model you are using, "Chip Communication" will be displayed when the card is recognized.
The error message "Timeout" may appear.
In that case, refer to the [Operation Manual] attached to the product and use the DMC9000.
Those who have P99 or later, those who have DMC9000PLUS
Please see P105 and later.
Could you help me with this, please.

Reply 381 of 383, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's all in Japanese. Looks to be on page 99 though.

I can try to scan it, convert to Word, and then see what the auto translator comes up with.

Yamaha YMF modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG resource repository - updated November 27, 2018
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide
AW744L II - YMF744 - AOpen Cobra Sound Card - Install SB-Link Header
Epstein didn't kill himself

Reply 382 of 383, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok, so I did the scan/take pics of the pages with info about this error, converted them to editable PDFs, and then translated with Word 2019.

Looks like the instructions say to manually set the I/O ranges of the card in device manager.

I uploaded the translated pages to my Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U60jM … LUR?usp=sharing

If that isn't readable enough... it is pretty janky as-is, I have another way to translate that may work out better.

Yamaha YMF modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG resource repository - updated November 27, 2018
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide
AW744L II - YMF744 - AOpen Cobra Sound Card - Install SB-Link Header
Epstein didn't kill himself

Reply 383 of 383, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-07-22, 04:02:
Ok, so I did the scan/take pics of the pages with info about this error, converted them to editable PDFs, and then translated wi […]
Show full quote

Ok, so I did the scan/take pics of the pages with info about this error, converted them to editable PDFs, and then translated with Word 2019.

Looks like the instructions say to manually set the I/O ranges of the card in device manager.

I uploaded the translated pages to my Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U60jM … LUR?usp=sharing

If that isn't readable enough... it is pretty janky as-is, I have another way to translate that may work out better.

Thank you, cyclone3d. Yes, it’s about I/O addresses. But whatever I do I cannot get it working. Same message every time. I tried it on four different laptops. And start already suspecting thst my card is bad.