VOGONS

First post, by jaskamakkara

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,

I own an SB0060 sound card that I use with my 98SE system. I want to get the Live Drive front panel thing for it, but they are quite hard to find. I managed to find a couple of SB0010 Live Drives on eBay, but I am little confused since there seems to be a few different models. From the looks of it, the SB0010 should work with my SB0060, but one of the Live Drives I have found is an SB0010D, and it has the Audigy branding on the front instead of the Live Drive! symbol. Now, will this model still work with my card? I can't find a manual specifically for the D model, but I'd be surprised if they kept the same model number if the compatibility was different... I would suspect that it's just an iteration of the same board that was released with the Audigy cards, but I can't be sure - can anyone help me, please?

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 3, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a SBLive 5.1 and an Audigy1 front panel and they work fine together. However, my card model is SB0100 not a SB060 like you have.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 2 of 3, by X3J11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jaskamakkara wrote on 2020-04-27, 08:25:

Hi guys,

I own an SB0060 sound card that I use with my 98SE system. I want to get the Live Drive front panel thing for it, but they are quite hard to find. I managed to find a couple of SB0010 Live Drives on eBay, but I am little confused since there seems to be a few different models. From the looks of it, the SB0010 should work with my SB0060, but one of the Live Drives I have found is an SB0010D, and it has the Audigy branding on the front instead of the Live Drive! symbol. Now, will this model still work with my card? I can't find a manual specifically for the D model, but I'd be surprised if they kept the same model number if the compatibility was different... I would suspect that it's just an iteration of the same board that was released with the Audigy cards, but I can't be sure - can anyone help me, please?

Thanks!

I have the same version of the Live/Audigy Drive, and a bunch of different Live and Audigy cards, but I've yet to test it. However, it's my understanding that the pinouts for the Live Drive are the same up to the original Audigy (labeled AUD_EXT). I believe they changed it with the Audigy 2 on, where it's labeled AD_EXT. I'll be throwing mine in a yet to be built 939 XP system, eventually…

Being an "essential services" worker kinda sucks right now. Always busy, little time to play.