First post, by haker120
1. I ordered hopefully fully working, another, Voodoo 2 CT6670 12MB but, if it won't be fully working I have alternative to 'fix' but in this worst case scenario which chips to reflow ? If damaged in any way windows won't detect and if will I guess I'll see glitches on screen even in SLI?
2. How to tell if SLI cable (I got two made from regular FDD cables, twisted in the middle) works or not? If not I hope it just won't work and won't damage anything.
3. I updated Voodoo 3 2000 to the newest firmware/BIOS whatever (because not sure iif it has BIOS/FW or anything) and should I do the same to Voodoo 3 3000?
4. I plan to get Voodoo 3 3500 but should I look for nonTV version or performance is the same just I need to get adapter to VGA/DVI? And will windows force me to add drivers to TV part of it (I don't really care about)? Youtube videos proves this is the best (non 200MHz card) and non compaq OEM I could buy locally for (sic!) 2000PLN, ~448,28, and I don't think this is reasonable price to pay for this OEM.
5. I have 2 version of Gex 2 aka GEX 3D, European wersion (works on any PC with Voodoo with cosmic resolutuion, iirc 1130x320 or similar) and USA (a moment of black screen and kicks back to desktop), how to fix at least one? On Voodoo 1 EU version shows normal resolution of 640x480.
6. I've read, but this is just a curiousity, that Voodoo 4 and 5 are bad cards, why? Do they not support glide? I'm aware even V3 stands no chance against any other cheaper really AGP video cards with OpenGL and Direct3D but still. 😁