Old games that had CD Audio tracks?

Topic actions

Reply 81 of 104, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
svfn wrote on 2019-06-25, 12:39:

So? Did the thread said only DOS games allowed?

not sure why you edited your 2019 post to bump into my notifications, but did you read what subforum this thread is in? The posts preceding that were all DOS games too...

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 82 of 104, by svfn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2022-09-16, 22:24:
svfn wrote on 2019-06-25, 12:39:

So? Did the thread said only DOS games allowed?

not sure why you edited your 2019 post to bump into my notifications, but did you read what subforum this thread is in? The posts preceding that were all DOS games too...

Not sure why you had to comment since akula65 also posted a long list of non DOS games like Homeworld and Operation Flashpoint Game of the Year etc, just right under your post.

SS7: K6-2/350 | FIC PA-2013 2.1 | 32MB PC-100 | 3dfx V3 2000 AGP | AWE64 CT4520 | Win98SE
On MobyGames

Reply 86 of 104, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some games I backed up recently...
- F-22 Total Air War.
- TFX.
- Fast Attack.
- Pro-Pinball Timeshock!

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 88 of 104, by MAZter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Kawasaki Fantasy Motocross (10 tracks)

Noctropolis - some releases have separate bonus Audio CD tracks, not used in-game.

For example, this CD does not contain any audio tracks, even if information about them posted on the label, weird (I checked in Sony Discman & with IsoBuster):

nectropolis.jpg
Filename
nectropolis.jpg
File size
149.41 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

This CD release potentially contain 10 audio tracks (I have not in hands to confirm):

nectropolis_with_cd.jpg
Filename
nectropolis_with_cd.jpg
File size
205.72 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

REMOVED

Last edited by DosFreak on 2023-06-01, 14:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Doom is what you want (c) MAZter

Reply 90 of 104, by MAZter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

F1 Manager 96 / Formula 1 Manager (1996) - 6 audio tracks
F1 Manager Professional (1997) - 1 audio track with music, 4 audio tracks with background noise (office pitstop etc.

Doom is what you want (c) MAZter

Reply 91 of 104, by krcroft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

(Mods: thanks for the purging the noise. The thread subject asks for the presence of CDDA tracks as-is, be they in whatever form or use-case they fill. That's what everyone is trying to round up; and when extra details can be provided, then hey - that's even better)

MAZter, 👍. Thanks (added)!

Reply 93 of 104, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
krcroft wrote on 2023-06-04, 00:52:

(Mods: thanks for the purging the noise.

If stating facts such as "Duke Nukem 3D didn't use CD audio tracks for in-game music" is considered "noise", then so be it.

The thread subject asks for the presence of CDDA tracks as-is, be they in whatever form or use-case they fill. That's what everyone is trying to round up; and when extra details can be provided, then hey - that's even better)

You're taking the title of the thread too literally while ignoring the intent behind the original post. It's clear that the OP was interested in games which used CD audio tracks for in-game music. But I suppose this post of mine will get reported and deleted by the moderators, without having broken any forum rules, just like my last one. Kudos for that!

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 94 of 104, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

While I was not the mod who did this and don't know the exact details, I can generally say that when you're quoting and answering a "spam" post, then it's normal that any replies to that post is removed during thread cleanups, or else it just gets confusing for other visitors who will not understand the context. Your reply was not the only one deleted. We don't have the resources to PM every poster about post removal before thread cleanups.

The info on Duke Nukem 3D was not noise, but unfortunate collateral damage. Feel free to repost it.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 95 of 104, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote on 2023-06-04, 06:47:

While I was not the mod who did this and don't know the exact details, I can generally say that when you're quoting and answering a "spam" post, then it's normal that any replies to that post is removed during thread cleanups, or else it just gets confusing for other visitors who will not understand the context. Your reply was not the only one deleted. We don't have the resources to PM every poster about post removal before thread cleanups.

IMHO, this is bad policy. But it's off topic here so I'll post my complaints in the appropriate thread.

The info on Duke Nukem 3D was not noise, but unfortunate collateral damage. Feel free to repost it.

Some (later) editions of that game had a bonus track on the disc (Lee Jackson's updated rendition of "Grabbag"). But no version of Duke Nukem 3D ever used CD audio for in-game music.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155

Reply 96 of 104, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote on 2023-06-04, 06:47:

Well, mine wasn't "noise" either given that it has at least information about Stargunner despite the simple post: It only used tracker musing during gameplay.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 97 of 104, by Kordanor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are tracks still being collected?

Got a few more:

Realms of Arkania 1 - Used in game, but it's only a Re-Release which might be German Only (this is NOT the HD Remake)
Realms of Arkania 2 - Used in the game
Realms of Arkania 3 - Used in the game
Mag! - German Magazine Management game, soundtracks could be selected freely within the game, not sure if international version existed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StQgNFUKcNw

Reply 99 of 104, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
krcroft wrote on 2023-06-04, 20:51:

Joseph_Joestar, Gmlb256, and Kordanor -- thanks!

Not sure if you have this data, but I think it would be beneficial to list the number of CD audio tracks that have been found on a particular disc during your grep search.

That way, it would be easier to identify games which simply have 1-2 bonus tracks from the ones that actually use CD audio for in-game music playback. The latter usually have 5 or more CD audio tracks on the disc.