VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Caine123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i got this game as retail boxed from the past and when i start the game it starts until i want to start a new game then it crashes. win7 64bit.

any fix for that?

does the gog.com version work without probs under win7 64 bit? then i would maybe buy it there before going through trouble with the retail version...

Reply 3 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You should check the official GOG.com forums for the game. Several games on GOG.com require a glide wrapper in order to run properly.

http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide

Reply 4 of 9, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No glide API in this game.
Try to run the game as "go.exe -nocputest".
Plus, IIRC, the original version is protected with Safedisk 1x, so - you need administrator rights in Win7 to make it work correctly.

Reply 5 of 9, by Caine123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gamecollector wrote:

No glide API in this game.
Try to run the game as "go.exe -nocputest".
Plus, IIRC, the original version is protected with Safedisk 1x, so - you need administrator rights in Win7 to make it work correctly.

where do i write the "-nocputest"?

Reply 7 of 9, by Caine123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Davros wrote:

create a shortcut to go.exe (if you dont have one)
right click -- properties -- target

great this worked but does someone know:

1. how to save the graphics options? when i run expendable.exe and setup it always resets the option.

2. how to convert the music? i want to listen to it outside expendable 🙁

3. how to turn up the volume of the music without the sound effects, it's very quiet in game.

Reply 8 of 9, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1. I'm guessing the game isn't compatible with the concept of not being able to write to files within "Program Files". Try running it as an administrator, which should enable it to update the files it needs to.

Not sure about 2 or 3.

Eyecandy: Turn your computer into an expensive lava lamp.