First post, by PCG98
UPDATE- this is solved since I used the info posted here to get ATF-G running on my Win7-64 machine. I was able to use Toolkit modified files on it as well. See below for my how-to, thanks to member filipetolhuizen for his work on this.
How-to for Win7 users that find this in the future (this presumes you have installed ATF Gold and the 1.02 patch):
1. Download & install the MS Application Compatibility Toolkit. I used version 5.6, and found it here.
2. Download & unzip member filipetolhuizen's ATF.zip patch (must be registered member to download). Save to your ATF Gold directory, i.e. C:\Janes\ATF Gold.
3. Download & unzip member the Direct Draw compatibility tool (must be registered member to download). Save to your ATF Gold directory, i.e. C:\Janes\ATF Gold.
4. Run MS ACT for 32 bit OS.
a. Click on "Open" then browse to the "atf.sdb" file you unzipped. Double-click on the file and a new custom database named "atf gold" is created.
b. Right-click on the database name, click "install" and close application.
5. Run Direct draw compatibility tool.
From member filipetolhuizen: If you experience crashes between missions, tick the options Force 640x480 and 256 colours mode under the compatibility tab.
OPTIONAL- ATF Gold Toolkit
I could not get this to run in Win7-64, apparently it is a 16 bit program. It may run on 32 bit versions. I used my Win 98 machine to create my libraries and then copied them along with other sub-folders (such as "Projects") to the Win7 machine. I repeated steps 4 & 5 and ended up with a working game with my modified files.