Reply 20 of 65, by mirh
Right, my final take on this: 1. Needs ALchemy applied to the game folder to even start the game. 2. Audio will smisbehave and/o […]
Right, my final take on this:
1. Needs ALchemy applied to the game folder to even start the game.
2. Audio will smisbehave and/or crash if DS3D is selected.
3. Audio will crash if EAX is selected.
4. Audio will not play at all if Dolby is selected.
5. If sound is not set to Low then it'll stop playing after a few seconds and hitting escape will lock the game up.
6. Enhanced channels is possible with any setting without affecting what that setting does (i.e. can use Low and Enhanced and it'll work).
6. However, HOWEVER... selecting A3D 2.0 allows CD quality and Enhanced, and *seems* to work fine!
I hope you know that without any driver at all... A3D is just nothing. If you are lucky though, the game will have built-in dll and it will fallback to DS3D (or to IA3d5 interface if you are lucky and under x86 windows)
Anyway, did you try to adjust ALchemy settings in the .ini file?