VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 66, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VirtuaIceMan wrote:
Right, my final take on this: 1. Needs ALchemy applied to the game folder to even start the game. 2. Audio will smisbehave and/o […]
Show full quote

Right, my final take on this:
1. Needs ALchemy applied to the game folder to even start the game.
2. Audio will smisbehave and/or crash if DS3D is selected.
3. Audio will crash if EAX is selected.
4. Audio will not play at all if Dolby is selected.
5. If sound is not set to Low then it'll stop playing after a few seconds and hitting escape will lock the game up.
6. Enhanced channels is possible with any setting without affecting what that setting does (i.e. can use Low and Enhanced and it'll work).
6. However, HOWEVER... selecting A3D 2.0 allows CD quality and Enhanced, and *seems* to work fine!

I hope you know that without any driver at all... A3D is just nothing. If you are lucky though, the game will have built-in dll and it will fallback to DS3D (or to IA3d5 interface if you are lucky and under x86 windows)

Anyway, did you try to adjust ALchemy settings in the .ini file?

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 21 of 66, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I did not. And A3D 2.0 sounds better than Low quality audio with nothing chosen.

Incidentally during my "journey" I spoke to one of the programmers of the game, who said: "Ah, something to do with the sound then ? We wrote all our games in assembler code, not C++ and I remember we used to still use the sound interrupts, or something crazy like that. Or maybe I’m getting confused with some of our older games."

😀

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 22 of 66, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got any advice for This Guy? Mobil 1 Rally Championship 2000 - only 16bits colour

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 23 of 66, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't know about his issue; he's using a Radeon. I also note that the error messages are in Polish, so he might be running a slightly different build of the game.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 24 of 66, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have Nvidia 540M with great visuals.
https://youtu.be/PXgq8JC2Avc
Haved similar problem on my old pc with Geforce and there downgrade drivers solved problem, but no on this notebook.
Any ideas how to fix that?

Edit.

SOLVED!
I downloaded old graphic drivers from Notebook producent page dedicated for my model and work great 😊
Unfortunately nvidia have in ass support old games, latest drivers are completely incompatible with RC.
I didn't noticed that problem with Radeon, this card is more prefered to run older productions.

@tgomola
dgVoodoo nie działa u mnie,masz szczęście że ci chwyciło. Testowałem na czterech sprzętach i uruchomił mi się tylko na jednym

Last edited by Mud on 2015-04-04, 18:32. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 27 of 66, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mud wrote:
I have Nvidia 540M with great visuals. https://youtu.be/PXgq8JC2Avc Haved similar problem on my old pc with Geforce and there do […]
Show full quote

Haved similar problem on my old pc with Geforce and there downgrade drivers solved problem, but no on this notebook.

Edit.

SOLVED!
I downloaded old graphic drivers from Notebook producent page dedicated for my model and work great 😊
Unfortunately nvidia have in ass support old games, latest drivers are completely incompatible with RC.
I didn't noticed that problem with Radeon, this card is more prefered to run older productions.

@tgomola
dgVoodoo nie działa u mnie,masz szczęście że ci chwyciło. Testowałem na czterech sprzętach i uruchomił mi się tylko na jednym

Many times it's just a dll that needs to be replaced. Couldn't you find it?
I mean.. you install current drivers and tries to place older one in game folder.

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 28 of 66, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mirh wrote:
Mud wrote:
I have Nvidia 540M with great visuals. https://youtu.be/PXgq8JC2Avc Haved similar problem on my old pc with Geforce and there do […]
Show full quote

Edit.

SOLVED!

@tgomola

I mean.. you install current drivers and tries to place older one in game folder.

I dont hear.
Is topic about that? write something more about that

Reply 29 of 66, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
filipetolhuizen wrote:

How come? This game relies on Direct3D only and does not use Glide2x.dll at all...

dgVoodoo 2.xx emulates DirectX 1-7 as well.

PS. My GPU driver is always up to date, I have never been forced to install older one. Usually dgVoodoo, nGlide or DXGL fix the problems with old games, sometimes MS Application Compatibility Toolkit is needed, and that's all. I've got a lot of older games installed and working flawlessly on Windows 8.1 64 bit 😀

Reply 30 of 66, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dgvoodoo is incompatibilie with Intel graphic (dev have problem with Intel messy drivers)
...better story; have notebook with integrated Intel plus dedicated nvidia gt540 and there i can't too use dgvoodoo because it work with optimus system (automatic switching card). GF work only when i play, on the desktop switching back for Intel HD graphic and i can't configure in dgvoodoo my nvidia graphic card because is deactivated 😵

Reply 31 of 66, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mud wrote:
mirh wrote:
Mud wrote:
Show full quote

Edit.

SOLVED!

@tgomola

I dont hear.
Is topic about that? write something more about that

When you install graphics drivers there are some .sys file (which are kernel mode drivers) and .dll which are user mode libraries (I hope I'm not saying BS)

Anyway, you can often swap the dll of one version with the drivers of another one (I never hear somebody doing the same with .sys, but you never know). As demonstrated with pandora tomorrow problems, this may be of help

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 32 of 66, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tgomola wrote:
filipetolhuizen wrote:

How come? This game relies on Direct3D only and does not use Glide2x.dll at all...

dgVoodoo 2.xx emulates DirectX 1-7 as well.

Really? Now that's some very interesting news. Now I can play Rally2K without garbled menus and MDK D3D without the texture glitches. It might fix Falcon 4.0 garbled arming screen as well...

Last edited by filipetolhuizen on 2015-04-05, 13:12. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 33 of 66, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mud wrote:

...better story; have notebook with integrated Intel plus dedicated nvidia gt540 and there i can't too use dgvoodoo because it work with optimus system (automatic switching card). GF work only when i play, on the desktop switching back for Intel HD graphic and i can't configure in dgvoodoo my nvidia graphic card because is deactivated 😵

This shouldn't be a problem, I also have a laptop with two GPUs, Intel and GF, and I have absolutely no issues with dgVoodoo. Are you sure you're running RC2000 with GF?

Reply 34 of 66, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
tgomola wrote:
Mud wrote:

This shouldn't be a problem, I also have a laptop with two GPUs, Intel and GF, and I have absolutely no issues with dgVoodoo. Are you sure you're running RC2000 with GF?

Ok, now is work. Needed back for latest drivers 🤣

Reply 35 of 66, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VirtuaIceMan wrote:

6. However, HOWEVER... selecting A3D 2.0 allows CD quality and Enhanced, and *seems* to work fine!

So that's it, A3D 2.0 and ALchemy applied to the game folder = works!

I have disabled A3D 2.0 option on all my computers 🤣
how fix it?

Reply 36 of 66, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think ALchemy will let you choose it. But for me, the game always crashes when alchemy is in the game's folder. Rally2k tend to hate sound wrappers.

Reply 39 of 66, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

doVoodoo definitely solved my problems with guru mediations.
desynchronization is less frequent if you have during game stable fps and no over 60fps to dont make crash.(frame-limiters make desync.sound)
On the stronger computers best way is play on one core with dgvoodoo, then you have solved all problems and you can play normal without errors and desync.sound.
Weaker computers have problem because playing on one core make drastic drop in fps, dgvoodoo like too eat some fps and we have problem with liquidity