VOGONS

Downgrading from 98 to 95.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by flux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I currently have Windows 98 SE installed. Now I wish to downgrade to 95, I did not upgrade from 95 so I can't just go backwards. I have tried to downgrade lots but, after I format my drive, re-create partition it says my drive has 100% usage (in other words no space.) My drive is really empty 😒 . When I try to install it (despite the fact it says i have no room) I get a su-13 error. Please help.

Bernard: You have a machine whose sole function is producing toxic waste?
Dr. Fred: You can't have a high-tech laboratory like this and NOT spew poisonous filth! All the other mad scientists would laugh!

Reply 1 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Partition first, format later?

Also, IIRC Windows 95a doesn't support FAT32 so if your using a 98 Boot Disk and you format your partition as FAT32 then it won't work.

DOSBox Compilation Guides
DosBox Feature Request Thread
PC Game Compatibility List
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Running DRM games offline

Reply 2 of 7, by flux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How do I change partition format from fat32, to something else?

Bernard: You have a machine whose sole function is producing toxic waste?
Dr. Fred: You can't have a high-tech laboratory like this and NOT spew poisonous filth! All the other mad scientists would laugh!

Reply 4 of 7, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It'd be much smarter to get a copy of Windows 95 OSR2 /Windows 95 'B'. That version was the most stable and supported both FAT32 and USB 1.1. The version you already have is Windows 95 A/OSR1 (Operating System Release 1) and it doesn't support FAT32 only FAT16. It's also full to the brim with bugs.

Reply 5 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

OSR = OEM Service Release. You can only obtain 95B/95C legally by hunting down Win95-loaded OEM computers sold between August 1996 and June 1998, snagging their software bundles, or find it on eBay.

OSR 2.1 (win95c) added USB support.

apsosig.png
long live PCem