VOGONS

Downgrading from 98 to 95.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by flux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I currently have Windows 98 SE installed. Now I wish to downgrade to 95, I did not upgrade from 95 so I can't just go backwards. I have tried to downgrade lots but, after I format my drive, re-create partition it says my drive has 100% usage (in other words no space.) My drive is really empty 😒 . When I try to install it (despite the fact it says i have no room) I get a su-13 error. Please help.

Bernard: You have a machine whose sole function is producing toxic waste?
Dr. Fred: You can't have a high-tech laboratory like this and NOT spew poisonous filth! All the other mad scientists would laugh!

Reply 1 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Partition first, format later?

Also, IIRC Windows 95a doesn't support FAT32 so if your using a 98 Boot Disk and you format your partition as FAT32 then it won't work.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 7, by flux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How do I change partition format from fat32, to something else?

Bernard: You have a machine whose sole function is producing toxic waste?
Dr. Fred: You can't have a high-tech laboratory like this and NOT spew poisonous filth! All the other mad scientists would laugh!

Reply 4 of 7, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It'd be much smarter to get a copy of Windows 95 OSR2 /Windows 95 'B'. That version was the most stable and supported both FAT32 and USB 1.1. The version you already have is Windows 95 A/OSR1 (Operating System Release 1) and it doesn't support FAT32 only FAT16. It's also full to the brim with bugs.

Reply 5 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

OSR = OEM Service Release. You can only obtain 95B/95C legally by hunting down Win95-loaded OEM computers sold between August 1996 and June 1998, snagging their software bundles, or find it on eBay.

OSR 2.1 (win95c) added USB support.

apsosig.png
long live PCem