First post, by renejr902
Hi! This a complete computer made by Hyundai.
Hyundai super 286e.
A 286 12 mhz that have a turbo switch at 8 mhz.
The hard disk is a Quantum 50mb, model 12.
One 1.44mb drive that have the old connector like a 360k drive. It does have a 360k drive too, but it didnt work, but i will try to repair it later, i disconnected it. 4mb ram parity 30 simm. Video card oak oti037c.
I got this 286 2 days ago.
The problem is the hard drive already had dos 6.22 installed and a few dos games. The computer boot normally and everything works. But today, the computer stop booting and freeze at: Starting Ms-dos. I tried several times. The computer boot with a 1.44mb dos 6.22 boot disk and the hard disk work.
I have tried all of this to get the hdd booting:
- I made a scandisk and surface scan, no error at all. chkdsk found no bad clusters. All games on it works.
- I changed the hdd ide cable with another one, same problem.
- i remove the 1.44mb drive and the cable, same problem.
- i try a Trident video card instead.
- i tried sys a: c: for reinstalling system boot file.
- I use fdisk and formatted it again with
format c: /s
- format it again and reinstall dos 6.22 with the installation disks.
- i tried a 20gb hdd with ontrack overlay and it works.
- i know i could try ontrack overlay on the 50mb hdd, but i dont like the idea, i want to get it working normally. I will try ontrack on it, only if nobody can help me and i cant find another solution
Nothing work. The hard disk always freeze at: Starting ms-dos. it seems frozen because ctrl alt delete dont work. and most of the time the 1.44mb drive has it green light always on. As soon as starting ms dos appear the 1.44mb drive green light turn on and stay like that.
Nothing else is installed in the computer. It seems to have his original computer part. The 360k drive is disconnected. the 1.44mb drive works, but i disconnected it several time when testing with no result.
I have no other idea. It works for 2 days for booting. It seem to works great after been booting with a 1.44mb boot disk. All files on the hdd works.
Thanks a lot for help and answers.
( I just edited a lot of things in this post, i added more information )