VOGONS

First post, by HeavyD8086

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I got a solicitation via email today to buy some remaining HardMPU (PCMIDI) cards. They're asking 110EUR for the cards. I instantly didn't trust it, as the first step for instructions is to transfer the money to a (gmail) account.

Did anyone else get this email? I'd share the email address, but if it's actually legit, I'd rather not expose it to the crawlers.

Email is as fols:

Dear Mr./Miss/[REDACTED],

I have a few cards available to send during this week. So if you’re interested in this card, please follow the instruction bellow. Card has a Midi cable.

1. You send 110€(PCMIDI) x Y, to https://www.paypal.me/[REDACTED] as gift, were Y is the amount of cards you want to buy.

2. Send me your address.

3. I will take 3 to 7 working days to assemble,test and pack things.

4. I will send you a tracking number after sending the package.

5. If you want any other method of mail, please contact me previously, so I can quote the extra amount.

6. If package is lost you need to contact your mail provider in your country, I will open a claim in my mail provider in my country. You will need some patience. We’ll sort things out.

7. Countries outside EU will have real value declared, I can declare less (not legal) but it’s at your own risk.

7a. If you are from Russia, Ukraine, or countries with strict policies for COVID19, you need to pay extra for DHL. If you don’t want it I will not be responsible if package arrives 3 or 4 months later. I will not refund in these cases.

8. Since the queue is a bit long, please give an answer if you still want or not, if no answer is given in 24H, I will have to go to next inline.

9. If you understand all previous points and accept them, you are welcome to buy.

Reply 1 of 5, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is it from somebody you have been in contact with before?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nope never got that one. OK so how did they get your email ? DO you have an account or some other public place where you use your real email ?
Even though I trust everyone here my email here and many other places is a throw-away that I check every few days (or sometimes less 🤣)...

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 5, by HeavyD8086

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There's no other emails from the individual in my outbox or inbox. I did put my name on a spreadsheet here to buy a HardMPU, so I wonder if someone scraped that spreadsheet to try to swindle some people out of many dollars. The gmail account has the initials E.F., though I won't post the entire email address. It looks like a real name.

Edit: I've replied to the email with a link to this thread, inviting them to post.

Reply 4 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HeavyD8086 wrote on 2021-09-21, 00:31:

There's no other emails from the individual in my outbox or inbox. I did put my name on a spreadsheet here to buy a HardMPU, so I wonder if someone scraped that spreadsheet to try to swindle some people out of many dollars. The gmail account has the initials E.F., though I won't post the entire email address. It looks like a real name.

Edit: I've replied to the email with a link to this thread, inviting them to post.

Oops yeah maybe someone scraped your email form somewhere ! BTW: This is not a market place so if they solicit selling here they could/would/maybe be kicked out ;p

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun