Common searches

Bum Simulator

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 68, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here in the USA we have a ton of fake bums. There was a report about it when I lived in Arizona. They would drive their fancy cars from their fancy houses to some parking lot, change into their bum cloths and then go beg on the street corners.

Those scum were bringing in a good $800-$900 a day.

We have homeless around here as well, but I have learned my lesson about giving them any type of monetary donation. I will from time to time buy them food when I see them and I have run into multiple that will not accept anything but money.

In any case, like I said before. If you don't like it, then don't buy it or play it. No need to freak out about things like this that you don't like.

It it a game... aka, not supposed to be real. Sounds kinda like the same reasoning that the "feminists" that have nothing better to do try to get publishers to remove all "overstated" female features in video games. Or how some people blame "violent" video games when somebody goes out and shoots or attacks somebody else.

It is a cop out and not reality.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 21 of 68, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Feminism has nothing to do with my view upon this game. And the whole thing about violent games... well before it was the violent games, it was the violent martial arts movies/films that was all the rage. I think I have said my piece of about the "violence" in games and movies/films many times. I think that is a load of bollocks. In fact, the violence in games and films/movies probably saved me from becoming mentally messed up, when I think of the living hells (yes plural), I have been through the years.

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2021-09-21, 21:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 22 of 68, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote on 2021-09-21, 21:06:
Freedom of speech ey ? Well, what is next "Bum Fights the video game" ? from the infamous Bum Fights videos. This is NOT NWA wit […]
Show full quote

Freedom of speech ey ? Well, what is next "Bum Fights the video game" ? from the infamous Bum Fights videos.
This is NOT NWA with their FTP song, the reason some of us whom are not from the so-called land of the free and home of the brave, who though have friends in the USA. Has higher morale standards. And we too have freedom of speech, under responsibility. which means, I can not shout "F those N-words, and backward ass *Danish N-words* (I would NEVER shout/say those words, mind you !) . without being persecuted under hate speech and or racism. The only reason why this game is still getting the green light, is because it is about homeless people, but if you ask me , it is bordering upon racism, except it is about homeless people. Which is "okay" , and to me it is not !
And it is sickening, disgraceful and other superlatives with a negative connotation to it. That you have a game about being a homeless, and the developer gets money. Perhaps he should donate all the money he got from the game to homeless people instead.

This is not the Wolfenstein series of games, or anything like that. This is not Goat simulator , and or for that matter Octodad either.

I understand what you are saying in respect to homeless people as I'm familiar with this seeing them around the streets in my country (not USA) and aren't with these stereotypes like I saw on that simulator.

I just don't take this game seriously unlike "Hatred" which has an ugly premise for a game.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 23 of 68, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's not really a "simulator". Would you all be ok with it if it was named... Super Bum? Or maybe... Random Dude Slum Havok?

Have any of you that are complaining about it even watched the trailer?

It's just a silly game. Not like the creator is targeting a specific person that is a bum.

And I certainly have never seen a bum have "bum powers". Nor have I seen a bum build a castle.

I also haven't seen any human sized animals that speak.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 24 of 68, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Freedom of speech ey ? Well, what is next "Bum Fights the video game" ? from the infamous Bum Fights videos. This is NOT NWA wit […]
Show full quote
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-09-20, 19:40:

And who cares about "political correctness"? That is just code for censorship, aka violating our first amendment rights.

Freedom of speech ey ? Well, what is next "Bum Fights the video game" ? from the infamous Bum Fights videos.
This is NOT NWA with their FTP song, the reason some of us whom are not from the so-called land of the free and home of the brave, who though have friends in the USA. Has higher morale standards. And we too have freedom of speech, under responsibility. which means, I can not shout "F those N-words, and backward ass *Danish N-words*" (I would NEVER shout/say those words, mind you !) . without being persecuted under hate speech and or racism. The only reason why this game is still getting the green light, is because it is about homeless people, but if you ask me , it is bordering upon racism, except it is about homeless people. Which is "okay" , and to me it is not !
And it is sickening, disgraceful and other superlatives with a negative connotation to it. That you have a game about being a homeless, and the developer gets money. Perhaps he should donate all the money he got from the game to homeless people instead.

This is not the Wolfenstein series of games, or anything like that. This is not Goat simulator , and or for that matter Octodad either.

sneed

Reply 25 of 68, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
maxtherabbit wrote on 2021-09-21, 22:52:
Show full quote

And who cares about "political correctness"? That is just code for censorship, aka violating our first amendment rights.

This is NOT NWA with their FTP song, the reason some of us whom are not from the so-called land of the free and home of the brave, who though have friends in the USA. Has higher morale standards. And we too have freedom of speech, under responsibility. which means, I can not shout "F those N-words, and backward ass *Danish N-words*" (I would NEVER shout/say those words, mind you !) . without being persecuted under hate speech and or racism. The only reason why this game is still getting the green light, is because it is about homeless people, but if you ask me , it is bordering upon racism, except it is about homeless people. Which is "okay" , and to me it is not !

sneed

I do not know whether I should thank you, or ask which version of the expression you mean from the urban dictonary you are talking about. Which depends. Since I remember two situations over the last five years, where I wanted to punch a person. Because of a clear racist remark. One called me a snowflake later on. And I am not a snowflake, the other time, I just looked at my black friend, and we knew we had to keep our mouths shut, when the former co-owner of a bar came out with a racist remark, about the municipality I live in, heck I could mention other stories about the former co-owner of that particular bar. And I have no intention of punching you, I am just telling you. Just because I live in a different part of the western hemisphere. Then it does not mean, I do not know how to look up words or expressions.

Reply 27 of 68, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Errius wrote on 2021-09-21, 23:51:

Video games do cause violence. See this documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlhpxsXgR3U

Oh ? I always thought Blaster Master(NES) was better .

Reply 29 of 68, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Video games do cause violence. See this documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlhpxsXgR3U

Hah... That's great.

Before I opened th blink I thought it was going to be a video of some kid throwing a controller at the screen after they got mad when playing a game.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 30 of 68, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WolverineDK wrote on 2021-09-22, 00:07:

Oh ? I always thought Blaster Master(NES) was better .

As the self proclamed spokesman of froglike cis men I find that video horrendously offensive.

Reply 31 of 68, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh my God. I thought Second Life was the worst thing I had ever seen, but this beats SL by miles.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 32 of 68, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is of course in very poor taste, unsurprisingly, however, it's not the first homeless simulator that I'm aware of.

There's a longstanding German browser game where you "play" as a homeless person, collect bottles, fight other homeless etc. etc.

https://www.pennergame.de/

As for people pretending to be homeless, I'd say that with somewhere around 500,000 people experienceing homelessness on a given night, America has other things to worry about than a few fakes.

Reply 33 of 68, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Do you realize that a decent number of those homeless have chosen that life?

No paying taxes, no bills, no having to go slave away at a job every day.

If you live in a warm climate it isn't the worst thing in the world that could happen to you.

Then there is the fact that there are charities such as The Salvation Army and other homeless shelters that help those that actually want help to be able to get back on their feet. Meals and a bed to stay in, showers, etc. are free of charge.

Years ago I picked up a homeless person in Texas and drove them around 12 hours to Tucson, AZ to a local to me homeless shelter so they would have a place to stay. I really doubt that person actually changed or even tried to get a job but I did what I could.

Government spending is not an answer either. Just handing out money that the government stole from the people that earned it is not an answer. People have to want to change their lot in life.

A good number of these homeless only want handouts. They are not interested one bit in earning money.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 34 of 68, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Uhm... Poland, the home of the game's developer Ragged Games actually is a good example for a country with very stringent hate speech laws. I think, if you'd try to excercise your first amendment rights there by, for instance, saying anything that can have you found "guilty of intentionally offending religious feelings" or "promoting a fascist or other totalitarian system of state or of inciting hatred based on national, ethnic, racial, or religious differences, or for reason of the lack of any religious denomination" you will find yourself "liable to a fine, a restriction of liberty, or to imprisonment for a maximum of two years."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Poland

So don't let's spill the "first amendment" where it doesn't apply.

Reply 35 of 68, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-09-22, 06:33:

Do you realize that a decent number of those homeless have chosen that life?

I'm quite certain that most people do in fact prefer not sleeping on the streets or in a car and not knowing where the next meal is coming from, particularly in a country like America with such a weak social safety net.

But let's leave it at that.

Reply 36 of 68, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I suspect a majority of homeless have addiction or mental issues. Neither of these things are easy to fix. In the old days they would be in various institutions, but that's considered unethical nowadays. A proportion certainly choose the lifestyle (especially in warm localities), but I don't think they outnumber the addicts and crazies.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 37 of 68, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, what is next "Bum Fights the video game" ?

Actually, we have one. It's called Condemned: Criminal Origins. And Condemned 2 notoriously had a multiplayer mode called "Bum Rush". Can't play it now though, because GameSpy is dead for years.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 38 of 68, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have really considered to go "homeless" in Tenerife for example. Where the climate is mild all around the year. I do not have the money do buy or rent an apartment for the rest of my life, but living in a van, and just existing is something I have really considered from time to time. but well before that I really have to sell all my retro collection of computers. 😁

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.