VOGONS

First post, by Nowhere Girl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have had this problem for some time and nobody has been able (or willing) to help me. I have this game and greatly enjoy it, but I can't play two tilesets: Fantasy and Flag. They are just missing from the in-game tileset list. However... I have the files! Both fantasy.set and flag.set are in the game folder. What could be wrong? Are there any other files which have something to do with tilesets being shown on the list?
Both were working on my old computer. Technical data:
old computer (desk-standing laptop): Windows 7 32-bit, emulator: D-Fend Reloaded
new computer (full desktop computer): Windows 7 64-bit, emulator: D-Fend Reloaded
I have seven tilesets available - that is, visible on the in-game list: Alphabet, Animals, Hanafuda, Hilo, Lohi (that said, these two are very boring), Mahjongg, Sports.

Reply 1 of 7, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

They load fine here, my initial guess:

• No read permissions
  • Hidden files
  • File corruption

Attachments

• flag.png
    Filename
    flag.png
    File size
    13.16 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • fantasy.png
    Filename
    fantasy.png
    File size
    30.02 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 7, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How-To Geek have a similar guide and includes one part specific to Windows 7:
https://www.howtogeek.com/301768/how-to-take- … ers-in-windows/

In Windows 7, the “Advanced Security Settings” window has a separate “Owner” tab where you’ll make these changes. On that tab, click the “Edit” button and then click the “Other Users or Groups” button on the subsequent page.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 6 of 7, by Nowhere Girl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I didn't help (I changed to something called "EU - Moderators", even though I'm the computer's only user). I even tried redownloading the game and the effect was the same: invisible tilesets.
Any other ideas? I don't want to be deprived of such a nice tileset as Fantasy!

Reply 7 of 7, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's starting to sound like you got it from an abandonware site which usually has missing or broken files. If the files were hidden you wouldn't be able to see both FANTASY.SET and FLAG.SET on the game folder.

Sorry, I can't help further.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS