VOGONS

Mod Please Delete -- I'm going to redo this as retro PCs only

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 26, by aspiringnobody

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RandomStranger wrote on 2021-10-02, 09:51:

Maybe you shouldn't have posted your modern PCs in 'Marvin, the Paranoid Android\System Specs' if you don't want to discuss them, instead leave them for 'Heart of Gold\Milliways' if you really need to.

I'm done. If I'm ever the OP I'd prefer you didn't reply to my threads in the future.

Although that's not likely to be a problem because you've pretty much convinced me not to bother. The thousands of nice people here aren't worth the trolls.

Reply 21 of 26, by audiotechnica

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
aspiringnobody wrote on 2021-10-02, 11:45:

Maybe you shouldn't have posted your modern PCs in 'Marvin, the Paranoid Android\System Specs' if you don't want to discuss them, instead leave them for 'Heart of Gold\Milliways' if you really need to.

I'm done. If I'm ever the OP I'd prefer you didn't reply to my threads in the future.

Although that's not likely to be a problem because you've pretty much convinced me not to bother. The thousands of nice people here aren't worth the trolls.

That's exactly why I stopped posting. There are a few elitists on here that just have to nitpick everyone's builds for no reason other than to feel they're always right. I once posted a nice PCI-based 486 system only to be told VLB is superior and that I'm an idiot for not building a VLB system. Mind it, this system beat every VLB rig in benchmarks hands down. I think your time is better spent enjoying your retro gear than arguing with people who just MUST put others down due to their own insecurities or they'll blow up.

Reply 23 of 26, by Anders-

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
audiotechnica wrote on 2021-10-06, 13:27:
aspiringnobody wrote on 2021-10-02, 11:45:

That's exactly why I stopped posting. There are a few elitists on here that just have to nitpick everyone's builds for no reason other than to feel they're always right. I once posted a nice PCI-based 486 system only to be told VLB is superior and that I'm an idiot for not building a VLB system. Mind it, this system beat every VLB rig in benchmarks hands down. I think your time is better spent enjoying your retro gear than arguing with people who just MUST put others down due to their own insecurities or they'll blow up.

Is this your first time on a forum? Sorry, couldn't resist 😁
There's always some bad apples, that doesn't mean the community sucks. Just apply ignore (the muted list) as you see fit and keep enjoying the retro stuff 😀

Måttfull och balanserad.

Reply 24 of 26, by Anders-

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RandomStranger wrote on 2021-10-02, 06:06:
aspiringnobody wrote on 2021-10-01, 22:02:

Because the point of this thread was supposed to be my vintage pcs and instead it is a discussion of why I'm an idiot for having enough money to not need to part out my old gaming rig.

It's not about you being an idiot for having money to keep around your previous gaming rig. It's about you being an idiot for wasting good tech firsz and money regardless if you have enough or not second.

I'm sure you can get your point across without calling people names, why not give it a try?

Måttfull och balanserad.

Reply 25 of 26, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anders- wrote on 2021-10-06, 22:40:

I'm sure you can get your point across without calling people names, why not give it a try?

I tried, but failed so I just decided to match his tone.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 26 of 26, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This thread have become a prime example on how not to threat a new member. You cannot expect everyone to understand were to post their thread and start nitpicking on this or the content. If you believe a thread to be in the wrong section, use the report function and a moderator can move it.

aspiringnobody, on behalf of VOGONS I'm sorry you had this experience, please continue to contribute in the future!

Closing the thread now.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes