VOGONS

First post, by igna78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi everyone,
I just bought an Abit IX48-GT3 motherboard and as always, I searched and found Bios, Driver, Utility .. I miss the manual and I just can't find it: someone who can help me? 😉
Thank you for your time

Reply 1 of 29, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ahh that came out during the Abit transition era.... First they used Abit.com.tw and abit-usa.com then uabit.com then abit.ws iirc AND they had an FTP site too. The manual may never have been moved between servers......
Did find it odd that the first mention of the IX48 was in late 2007 and the found BIOS 04/02/2008 and update 07/16/2008 plus Beta bios 2009 but on any Abits website archives of mid to late 2008 they do not even mention that board....
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/ab … -chipset.45003/ (so maybe just keep the ix38 manual until the real one is found...)
Maybe someone else will have better luck finding the manual but I hit some dead-ends.. 🙁

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 29, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Things have to get sorted...

In my memory, www.abit.com.tw was always ABIT's (later spelled abit) first place website. Didn't know there was www.uabit.com, but it vanished after a short time of presence (checked it via archive.org). The former was in place until early 2013, then it has been shut down finally. The domain http://abit.ws/ never has been the place of ABIT's official website - this is a mirror of the latest www.abit.com.tw version by an - I would say - ABIT fan. Unfortunately all downloads on this mirror are defective.

As I'm also an ABIT fan in some way and collector of their products, I remember that I was really upset when they announced their website will be shut down soon (back in early 2013). This caused me to save all latest BIOS versions including the full changelog and it was also initial to build up my website about BIOSes and all this stuff. Latest ABIT BIOSes went here -> https://soggi.org/motherboards/abit.htm and many spec pages of ABIT (abit) boards are linked.

Now I read this request and thought "No problem, I hold a copy of ftp.abit.com.tw ..." - ha nothing , the last time they uploaded something to the manual directory on the FTP was in 2006. Let's have a look if there ever was a manual online -> abit.ws - IX48 GT3 - the answer is "no", they didn't have any manual online for their latest products, this also concerns the abit IP43, f.e.

But most things should be self-explanatory and there should be labels/markings on the board!?

kind regards
soggi

Vintage BIOSes, firmware, drivers, tools, manuals and (3dfx) game patches -> soggi's BIOS & Firmware Page

soggi.org on Twitter - talent borrows, genius steals...

Reply 3 of 29, by igna78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for your replies.
I am an old fan of Abit products and in particular of motherboards.
A few years ago I had the chance to buy an IX48-MAX or GT3 (they made it under two different names) NOS, but I was preceded by the competition on eBay.
The IX48 board basically has the same layot as the IX38 QuadGT, so as advised by @Horun I will use that manual as a reference.
@ soggi your site is for me the most important reference when I put together the folder of each motherboard (for each motherboard I create a folder on my NAS containing Bios, Driver for Chipset, Audio Driver - if any, Driver Raid and SATA - if provided, Utility - as uGuru if provided).

Thanks again for the help 😄

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-10-09, 03:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 29, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thx, you‘re welcome! I do my best to add more and more stuff, if time permits. There‘s a big heap I still have to work off…it’s a never ending story. 😉

kind regards
soggi

Vintage BIOSes, firmware, drivers, tools, manuals and (3dfx) game patches -> soggi's BIOS & Firmware Page

soggi.org on Twitter - talent borrows, genius steals...

Reply 5 of 29, by nd22

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here is the manual for the Abit IX48 GT3. I also have the original CD with the latest version of uGuru 3.1.1.2 which is almost impossible to find online - only the version 3.1.0.9 is available on different websites. If anyone is interested I can upload an image of the CD to a file hosting site.
Maybe Soggi can put the manual on his website - the best place to find anything Abit related as of 2021!

Attachments

• Filename
    IX48 GT3_V400.pdf
    File size
    3.48 MiB
    Downloads
    73 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 6 of 29, by igna78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
nd22 wrote on 2021-11-07, 11:48:

Here is the manual for the Abit IX48 GT3. I also have the original CD with the latest version of uGuru 3.1.1.2 which is almost impossible to find online - only the version 3.1.0.9 is available on different websites. If anyone is interested I can upload an image of the CD to a file hosting site.
Maybe Soggi can put the manual on his website - the best place to find anything Abit related as of 2021!

Yours is a truly precious gift for me! 😁
Thank you very much

Reply 7 of 29, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes thanks ! added to my manual archive. Hopefully soggi will see this and save it to his !

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 8 of 29, by gassito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, i want to very veryyyyyyy veryyyyyyy thanks, i has one abit ix48 gt3 and im looking for the manual a long time ago. i used the ix38 quad gt manual because is similar board but with ddr2.
very thanks again.
abit ix48 gt3 has a particular problem....if you wish to use a Q9xxx series processor...first you have to provoke the board with a Q6xxx processor (1066 mhz front side bus)
in my case i used a q6700, set multiplier to 9 (default multiplier of Q9650) 266x9. Save and exit. Swap cpu to q9650 and the board gives C 1 error on post code but if you press reset the board reboot and boots fine with q9650. Enter bios and now set 266 x 9 with q9650. OC in windows with uguru program gradualy to 338x9, it works fine for me with stability. The problem of that is you cant change nothing in bios, you can try but always will give c1 error...and you have to reset and the system will assume the last functional state (q6700). If you clean CMOS or need to replace CMOS battery the system wont never boot without to change cpu again to Q6xxx. i keep this board just because im a fan of Abit mobos. I had on abit AI7, and than an ABIT AW9D-MAX and now an ix48 since 2012.
My specs are Abit ix48 gt3, Q9650, 8GB ddr3 1600 c9 corsair, asus gt1030, corsair 450M and an SB audigy 2 zs
Sry for the long text and for my english (not good) but i just want to help anyone that had the same error post C1
Yes im interest in an image of the CD if is possible
thanks so much again
best regards

Reply 9 of 29, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gassito wrote on 2021-11-09, 01:18:

abit ix48 gt3 has a particular problem....if you wish to use a Q9xxx series processor...first you have to provoke the board with a Q6xxx processor (1066 mhz front side bus)
in my case i used a q6700, set multiplier to 9 (default multiplier of Q9650) 266x9. Save and exit. Swap cpu to q9650 and the board gives C 1 error on post code but if you press reset the board reboot and boots fine with q9650. Enter bios and now set 266 x 9 with q9650. OC in windows with uguru program gradualy to 338x9, it works fine for me with stability. The problem of that is you cant change nothing in bios, you can try but always will give c1 error...and you have to reset and the system will assume the last functional state (q6700). If you clean CMOS or need to replace CMOS battery the system wont never boot without to change cpu again to Q6xxx. i keep this board just because im a fan of Abit mobos. I had on abit AI7, and than an ABIT AW9D-MAX and now an ix48 since 2012.

Cool ! I have a Q9650 running for years on a Asrock Penrynn1600SLI board, very good CPU for XP and Win7 but a bit power hungry 😁
Have noticed the prices for the Q9650 have not changed much in the last few years, my guess is that there are not that many boards left that can run one so there is a bit of a surplus of the cpu's....

Reply 10 of 29, by nd22

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have the IX48 GT3 and I never encountered a single problem with any CPU - that is LGA775 processors not modded Xeons! It can take every single CPU I put in: E8600, Q9650, QX9650 and so on. The biggest problem is the RAM: like many Abit boards it is very picky: Corsair, TAKEMS, aeneon did not worked but Kingston ddr3 1600 1.5V works just fine - the board also over volts the RAM by default and must be set manually to 1.5V in the BIOS. I will try 4gb dimms in the future - I have some dual sided Corsair.
Note: I did not overclock my board!

Reply 11 of 29, by gassito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hummm curious....I try with Corsair 1600, ocz 1333 and a Kingston 1333 and the problem always the same c1 error with all 1333 fsb processors. E8600, q9550 and q9650. When put an e7500 and a q6700 the board boots fine with all dims of ram that I described above. And yes the board up voltage to 1.66 by default, I will buy a dim Kingston 1600 and set manually to 1.5 and will post the result....thanks for your help

Reply 12 of 29, by gassito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, is possible to put an image of the CD to download? Thanks so much
I bought an dimm 4 GB crucial ballistix DDR3 1600 and another Kingston kvr 1333 c9 2gb. When arrive I will post the results with the 2 processors (q9650 and q6700)
I think I will keep q6700 because is full compatible, no problems with all dimm corsair, ocz and Kingston, with 10 multiple I can reach 338 X 10 (3.38 GHz) without problems. Mobo support officially 1600 fsb and dimm too. So with zalman 9500 the only component are in oc is the CPU (the strongest component with a good cooler I think there is no risk to do a controlled oc)
Q9650 support SSE 4.1 and trusted computer and save more power....so q6700 will be the second choice
Best regards and thanks to all

Reply 13 of 29, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
nd22 wrote on 2021-11-07, 11:48:

I am interested as well

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 14 of 29, by nd22

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I will do an image of the original CD this weekend and upload it online. In the meantime: all 10 of you 😀 who own an IX48 GT3 make sure you use dual sided dimms and set manually in BIOS the voltage to 1.5 - which will result in a 1.55V because the board over volts ! I wait for the final LGA 775 Abit board still misssing from my collection to arrive and will start making a build around either IX48 GT3 or around that one.

Reply 15 of 29, by igna78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
nd22 wrote on 2021-11-12, 07:49:

I will do an image of the original CD this weekend and upload it online. In the meantime: all 10 of you 😀 who own an IX48 GT3 make sure you use dual sided dimms and set manually in BIOS the voltage to 1.5 - which will result in a 1.55V because the board over volts ! I wait for the final LGA 775 Abit board still misssing from my collection to arrive and will start making a build around either IX48 GT3 or around that one.

Time passes inexorably, but the love for Abit motherboards remains 😍

..thank you SO MUCH for the installation CD image you will share 😄

Reply 16 of 29, by gassito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

nd22 thanks for your help, you have reason, the real problem is ram.....i dont know why all dims that i tested work with cpus with default 1066 fsb (e7500 and q6700) 8 gb ram ok.
with q9650 (1333 default fsb) just two dims boots fine without problems and c1 error (corsair 1600 1.5v) and i cant use these two dims simultaneaous, just one 2 GB ram. When i put 2 x 2 gb corsair 1600 to have 4 gb ram the board boots but dont pass with "self power quick test" disable in bios, if i disable it i have sometimes blue scrrens. i run memtest and no errors with two dims installed. if i run dims separadly pc boots, passed self test and pc runs absolutely stable wiht default clocks (340x9 at 3.06 ghz)
it exactely as you said....the mobo is very very picky with ram. I bought 4 x 2 gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1600 8 8 8 24 and a 2 gb kingston 1333C9, when arrive i will post the results. At the moment i have:
8 gb ram corsair 1600 C9> ok with q6700 and e7500
2 x 2 gb corsair 1600 C9 version 5.14 > dont work with q9650
2 x 2 gb corsair 1600 C9 version 7.3 > work but dont pass with "quick power sefl test" disable and have some blue screens (q9650)
just one 2 gb corsair 1600 C9 version 7.3 > work without problems with q9650
4 gb crucial ballistix sport C9 > dont work with q9650 (q6700 not tested)
And as you said i configure manually ddr3 volts to 1.5V
One more time thanks to all. finally i will have my abit ix48 gt3 works well without any problems...is a question now to choose the right ram 😁

Reply 17 of 29, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

edit: Never mind, I misread the ram issue...

Reply 18 of 29, by nd22

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I did make the ISO image of the CD last weekend but it is over 500mb in size. Is there a free hosting site where I can upload it and be "visible" to all forum members? Not email based!