VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mattrock1988

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

VOGONS truly is an amazing community. Hard to believe it's been a decade since I set up an account here.

Hope to have many more years here!

Retro PC: Intel Pentium III @ 1 GHz, Intel SE440BX-2, 32 GB IDE DOM, 384 MB SDRAM, DVD-ROM, 1.44 MB floppy, Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 AGP, Creative SoundBlaster AWE64 Gold, Aureal Vortex 2
I only rely on 86box these days. My Pentium 3 PC died. 🙁

Reply 2 of 13, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Never looked on the date I registered, but yep.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 3 of 13, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You should get out more often.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 5 of 13, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeh time gets away from you.
When I joined XP was still common, things like NEC XR385 draughtboards, SS7 based hardware and 3dfx cards were still cheap and plentiful.
Now people are building XP based reto machines and the best "bang per buck" has crept upto S478 era.

Glad I got in when I did!

Reply 7 of 13, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A big thanks for keeping it going so long to all involved.

I've known of Vogons since the noughties, I might have posted when guest posting was allowed, there's even a small chance I made an account and forgot about it. But then I would be years in between visits, occasional browsing frenzies, until I got more active in retro bits again. I guess I didn't engage much in the past because it's only been the last 5 years the hardware sections got really lively, then of course, they weren't yet in existence early on.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 9 of 13, by mattrock1988

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DosFreak wrote on 2021-10-20, 01:29:

Time flies.....will be 20yrs soon! Hopefully I can make it to 42.

I'm amazed at the fact that VOGONS is nearly old enough to drink in the USA if it were a person. Wild, man.

Tbh, I technically found out about VOGONS way earlier, thanks to the DOSBox project, which I took a particular interest to in around 2003 or so.

Retro PC: Intel Pentium III @ 1 GHz, Intel SE440BX-2, 32 GB IDE DOM, 384 MB SDRAM, DVD-ROM, 1.44 MB floppy, Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 AGP, Creative SoundBlaster AWE64 Gold, Aureal Vortex 2
I only rely on 86box these days. My Pentium 3 PC died. 🙁

Reply 10 of 13, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey look at that, 10 years and 10 days here. My interest in retro computing has come and gone in that time but hasn't ever left, and VOGONS has had a significant hand in that. Thanks lads 👍

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 11 of 13, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote on 2021-10-20, 14:59:

Now I feel old, I joined back in 2006. 15 bloody years ago.

Same here buddy. By the way, I miss the old guards: 5u3, Malik, Great Hierophant, Amigaz, to name a few.

Well at least DosFreak is still around.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 12 of 13, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote on 2021-10-21, 15:53:
WolverineDK wrote on 2021-10-20, 14:59:

Now I feel old, I joined back in 2006. 15 bloody years ago.

Same here buddy. By the way, I miss the old guards: 5u3, Malik, Great Hierophant, Amigaz, to name a few.

Well at least DosFreak is still around.

Yeah DosFreak, is the only I have seen . Heck what about MiniMax, I miss him too. I think Malik pops in every now and then. But Amigaz is a name I have not heard in a long while. Heck I miss that fellow too 😀 Hey, if you guys reads this post. Let us bring back the old school, and kick some serious butt together !

Anders- wrote on 2021-10-20, 15:46:

Well, if nothing else, at least you guys are a stubborn lot 😁 😁

Indeed we are, or else we are just a bit crazy 😉

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2021-10-21, 18:22. Edited 1 time in total.