VOGONS

First post, by 1ST1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, does anybody know this mainboard? It is standard ATX layout, 1x AGP, 4x PCI, 2x ISA, Intel 440FX chipset, Slot 1 Pentium II 266, Floppy, 2x IDE, remarkable DIP switches for config, AMI-BIOS (Olivetti branded).

lisboa.jpg
Filename
lisboa.jpg
File size
73.91 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Pentium II "LISBON" mainboard

atx.jpg
Filename
atx.jpg
File size
74.96 KiB
Views
File license

ATX IO shield area, 2x USB 1.1, PS/2 mouse, PS/2 keyboard, parallel, serial

The only remarking writing I could read is "LISBON" behind the PCI slots. It has part No. 586-0395, layout date is 98/03/11, production week of the PCB is 17/98.

Do you know who manufactured the Board and is there a user manual for it?

m6000.jpg
Filename
m6000.jpg
File size
74.2 KiB
Views
File license

The board is inside this Olivetti M6000 DT520 desktop PC. I know that Olivetti in it's late PCs used often mainboards made directly by Intel but this one does not look like Intel.

I already checked here and here without finding something identical.

Reply 1 of 6, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

to find out look at the oem signon at the bottom of the post screen it shows manufacturer and chipset and etc.
That information can be useful in google and usually bios modder forums like wims bios have a database for you to look up
but if that motherboard has the same logo on top right hand corner of post then isn't that question answered?
I mean LISBON would be just the oem model name for market so it doesn't look like a cheap generic faceless oem.
Some companies had pride in their workmanship it wasn't just a motherboard it had a name 🤣

Attachments

Reply 3 of 6, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This looks and sounds suspiciously like an Intel OEM board.

The layout and style on the photo look Intel-like, and Intel typically gave its boards codenames based on the letters of the model name expanded to a city, so PD440FX was 'Portland', DB440FX 'Dublin' etc. Although I can't find any Google hits, I'd be willing to wager this is an Intel LB440FX, LI440FX or LS440FX or similar, custom-made for Olivetti. It looks a lot like the PD440FX, but with 168p DIMM slots instead of 72p SIMM slots, and dipswitches instead of the typical Intel mid-1990's jumper blocks.

Reply 5 of 6, by Standard Def Steve

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It can't be 440FX based, since it has AGP. The FX is an old PCI-only chipset that was originally designed for Pentium Pro systems.
Your picture is a little small, but It looks like you have EDO DIMMs, so it's probably a 440LX motherboard (440BX doesn't support EDO).

P6 chip. Triple the speed of the Pentium.
Tualatin: PIII-S @ 1628MHz | QDI Advance 12T | 2GB DDR-310 | 6800GT | X-Fi | 500GB HDD | 3DMark01: 14,059
Dothan: PM @ 2.9GHz | MSI Speedster FA4 | 2GB DDR2-580 | GTX 750Ti | X-Fi | 500GB SSD | 3DMark01: 43,190