VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So I'm watching Army of Thieves and there is a scene where they are breaking into a building and the screen zooms into a bank of security monitors, on the right-hand side of the screens is the IP address on each monitor which is 192.168.666.xx. With XX being the camera number which also matches the last octet. Not sure why they would bother making a wrong 192.168 address weird.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 2, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote on 2021-10-29, 23:33:

So I'm watching Army of Thieves and there is a scene where they are breaking into a building and the screen zooms into a bank of security monitors, on the right-hand side of the screens is the IP address on each monitor which is 192.168.666.xx. With XX being the camera number which also matches the last octet. Not sure why they would bother making a wrong 192.168 address weird.

My guess would be that that they have a script that obfuscates ALL on-screen content displaying IPV4 addresses (or likely anything that looks like one) by replacing the third octet with 666, regardless of whether the address is part of a private range or not .

Reply 2 of 2, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's a UNIX system, I know this!

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.