First post, by nemo93
Hi, my first post here. I'll do my best to provide any details allowing a resolution.
Theme Park (CD) is crashing after a while on 0.74-2, 0.74-3 and SVN.
Illegal read from ffffffcc, CS:IP 160: f69a
Illegal write to ffffffcc, CS:IP 160: f69a
Potential fixes I've tried thus far without success:
* core = normal, simple or dynamic
* cputype = 486_slow
* cycles = auto or fixed
* General MIDI/MT-32 or SB16 "FM"
* various mem settings (ems true/false, xms true/false, combination of the 2 etc)
* multiple CD versions (US/Europe)
* VGA only and SVGA (press 'R' while in-game)
* copy all files over the hard drive
* to replace game's extender with DOS/32A.
Last but not least I gave the GoG "version" a try which comes with a slightly modified 0.74-2. This version does work fine for couple of hours or so yet it will eventually end up crashing too. It just takes longer than with 0.74-3. Note the crash screen is the same as above:
Steps to reproduce:
- simply run the game (whichever version), enter a name then start a normal game.
- once in the park, just let the game run without touching anything (crash is not related to a specific screen or action in-game).
- depending on your DOSBox version the game will crash after few minutes (typically under 10mn with 0.74-3 and SVN) or typically after 30mn (with 0.74-2).
- tested on standard Win10 x64 and also on Raspberry Pi4.
- as far as my memory goes I never had such issue with that game back in the old days. I'm running out of idea to get this game playable hence any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance.