VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by diablonet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all, Prince of Persia 2 is one of my favorite games and one of my reasons to own a Mister, but that game crash, can some one try to help???

Using AO486 (other versions have this issue as well), prince of persia 2 and using SB PRO (use setup.exe to set sound and music device - A220 I5 D1), it crashes on level 2 over the sand puzzle (it crashes also at random locations after the level 1, it becomes so unstable).

For quick access to that level just load prince.exe and start a new game, then press ALT + N and it will jump to level 2.

Over setup.exe if sound device is set to pc speaker and music device is set to SB PRO, it works fine, the issue is related to SB Pro as sound device.

I tried different IRQs, DMA, cpu speeds, cache settings, OPL2/3, C/MS on/off, diffent MSDOS versions, different Prince of Persia 2 versions, nothing fixes the issue.

Thank you in advance

Reply 2 of 6, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you for reporting that you found a solution here.
We get a lot of drive-by questions without any feedback.

So I will add the following to this:
1. Replace or Patch SNDDRIVERS\DSB_PRO.DRV, that way SETUP.EXE will copy your patched file to DIGI.DRV (so you need to run setup once more after copying/patching the file)
2. You could patch it manually by changing @0000042Ah from F3 to 00
3. The DSB_PRO.DRV is set to port=220 irq=07 dma=01 by default. Its hard coded @offset 000000B2h.

Reply 3 of 6, by diablonet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thank you for the info, what I did is to modify the actual TOP300 release for ao486, that way, everytime the game loads, it ask for SB/MT32/SC 55, and copies the required files, it works flawless now! as bonus, I connected the mister on a CRT, I am experiencing that once again!

Reply 4 of 6, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Never seen an AO 486/Mister. Do you have any pics?

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 6 of 6, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
maxtherabbit wrote on 2021-11-01, 03:40:

AO 486 is an emulation core that runs on the Mister project. It's not a real computer

Thank you so kindly maxtherabbit.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉