VOGONS

Common searches

TERRIBLE NEWS!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 21 of 30, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Has the sky fallen yet?

The Little Chicken wants to know.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 22 of 30, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jo22 wrote on 2021-10-20, 18:56:
Intel has different issue, too. https://www.zdnet.com/article/minix-intels-hi … erating-system/ […]
Show full quote

Intel has different issue, too.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/minix-intels-hi … erating-system/

Seriously, I trust neither Intel, nor AMD. They are both awful, imho.
That's why I used a VIA system years ago. I felt sick being a customer of either company.
And sick of those never ending forum battles of both types of of "believers".
It tried not to be related to them. That's why I was happy that there was a nice S3 Chrome series graphics cards with fine DXVA support. It ran fine on my BioStar mainboard. ^^

i have a motherboard with via chipset and the chrome 9 integrated gpu kept me humming on facebook for a decade, still have it. Outlasted all my pcie addon cards in that time.
The heatsink used to get warm so i thought i'd put it away till i get a chipset cooler.
forgot all about it thanks your post reminded me.
Core Duo @ 1600mhz the slowest but on x64 was awesome with xp x64 caching stupid facebook games.
Gonna see if it can handle some youtube vids later 😀

Reply 23 of 30, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am rather curious why so many titles have had Denuvo removed recently.

Intel pressuring game publishers because they don't want to look bad in reviews? Game publishers caring about the performance of the titles? Or Denuvo has started with time limited licenses and the first ones of those are running out about now?

Reply 26 of 30, by RetroGamer4Ever

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Denuvo was canned from some major games because of performance/stability issues with games that are played with high-end hardware - making the issue even worse on lower hardware - and because it relies on Denuvo servers to be running 24/7, which has been an issue itself, due to the servers going offline from time to time. The issues with the latest Intel are a moot point, since nobody is really using that chip and won't be for some time. It will take at least two years to hammer out current software to work properly on the P/e designs, because the Windows 10/11 OS and all other software wasn't designed to shift between cores that are basically two completely different physical system CPUs, as far as the OS and software are currently concerned. They have to redesign the core of the OS and optimize scheduling to work properly and with stability on this new type of chip.

Reply 28 of 30, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ZellSF wrote on 2021-11-11, 09:19:

I am rather curious why so many titles have had Denuvo removed recently.

Intel pressuring game publishers because they don't want to look bad in reviews? Game publishers caring about the performance of the titles? Or Denuvo has started with time limited licenses and the first ones of those are running out about now?

Likely they finally didn't see the point in still paying Denuvo, doubt the Intel issue, performance issues or activation servers going down are even a factor to them.
https://overclock3d.net/news/software/the_cos … id_for_denuvo/1

Also it wasn't very many. There are a lot of denuvo games out there. I swear every time I see an article about denuvo being removed in the same article they mention it being removed from most games after a period of time. Nope.

Trying to make sense of the removal makes no sense since adding it makes no sense but it's likely the $$$.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 29 of 30, by lafoxxx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Geez, I thought someone died.
Turns out some ancient DRM won't work?That's good news to me so far.
Also for some reason when GPT/uEFI was invented, people didn't really miss opportunity to use older Windows properly anymore. That'd be more "terrible news".