VOGONS

First post, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

After playing Oddworld i felt the need for a decent gamepad, would this work well ?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    337.91 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png
If you wanna check a blue ball playing retro PC games
MIDI Devices: RA-50 (modded to MT-32) SC-55

Reply 1 of 6, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I believe I have a clone of that one, and it has all the responsivity, feel and sensitivity of a cheap TV game.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 3 of 6, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can't speak to the quality of that one, but it does look like the optimal style for Oddworld: https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Oddworld:_Abe%2 … ddysee/Controls

Be aware that under DOS you will only have access to 4 buttons (unless a game has specific support for the controller, such as with the Gravis Gamepad Pro). In Win9x you may be able to configure it as a custom controller (I can't remember how many buttons that allows, but I suspect it's still only 4). Or you will need drivers to unlock all functionality.

If you're running Win98 I recommend just getting a Sony DS4. It's fully supported out of the box, and you can pair it with Xpadder JoyToKey to play anything.

Last edited by Pierre32 on 2021-11-09, 09:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 6, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm using win95 on a pc with no usb so i'm forced to go gameport, what about this ? can i use this on win95 and get all buttons working ?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    149.68 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png

Reply 5 of 6, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You will get full functions in Win95 with this: http://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=1391&menustate=0

But make sure you look into what the game itself supports too.

Reply 6 of 6, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice! oddworld and most other games i care to play with a controller seems to be compatible.

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png