VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Schoenfeld Chris

User metadata

Hello

Is the Signature with Starforce normal Playable on win10 ?

I have a AMD Dual Core with AMD Card win10 Laptop.

On this Laptop only work win10.

Thank You

Reply 1 of 8, by mrpenguinb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Schoenfeld Chris wrote on 2021-11-07, 13:43:
Hello […]
Show full quote

Hello

Is the Signature with Starforce normal Playable on win10 ?

I have a AMD Dual Core with AMD Card win10 Laptop.

On this Laptop only work win10.

Thank You

I assume you are referring to Peter Jackson's King Kong" Gamers Edition?
The normal version (non-gamers edition) of the game contains a version of StarForce which will likely bluescreen your PC (essentially "bricking" it). Make sure you do not install the normal version of the game, as it will require manual removal of StarForce's .dll's from System32 and SysWOW64 using another operating system.

"Peter Jackson's King Kong GAMERS EDITION" does not contain StarForce thankfully.
It's not possible to buy the Gamers Edition anymore, it can be found online but not through legal means. If you want to obtain the game legally, buy the Xbox 360 version as that will have next to no issues other than low framerate.
If you are going to play this game on PC, make sure to cap the FPS, as the game has TONS of issues: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Peter_Jacks … sues_unresolved
It takes some tweaking to get running, but overall it's a pretty decent game even if it does get repetitive towards the end.

Reply 3 of 8, by mrpenguinb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Schoenfeld Chris wrote on 2021-11-08, 15:02:

Thank You

I Play the Gamers Edition on My Laptop, Game works standard. Bud the Hardware is to weak.

Ah ok. The game is very demanding on PC from what I know.
Do you know the specifications of your laptop? (e.g. the CPU, graphics adapter etc).

Reply 6 of 8, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mrpenguinb wrote on 2021-11-08, 01:01:

The normal version (non-gamers edition) of the game contains a version of StarForce which will likely bluescreen your PC (essentially "bricking" it). Make sure you do not install the normal version of the game, as it will require manual removal of StarForce's .dll's from System32 and SysWOW64 using another operating system.

It's not as bad, as far as I remember. The only problem is that the driver is unsigned for Win10. You just need to disable driver signature enforcement once during boot (either F8 during boot menu or recovery menu), boot the OS, then you can remove the driver using StarForce removal utility.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 7 of 8, by Schoenfeld Chris

User metadata

I Test KK Signature and Gamers on XP Systems.

KI is Bugged.

Perhaps it was the 75HZ Monitor. Or The Grafikcard make to mutch FPS.

The Gamers Edition on XP with FX 4100 with 6670, unplayable. ( stuttering )

Gamers Edition with 5000+ and 6670 on XP also stutters.

Better runs the Signature Edition, bud the KI is bugged.

Tested also on Pentium E5400 und 8800GT, same KI bugged, and runs better.

When the KI is bugged nothing help. Same KI bug when you set Monitor to 60HZ.

My Systems:

Athlon 5000+
2x 6000+
Pentium E5400
Core To Duo E7300
Core To Duo E7500
FX 4100
Einige Ersatz Arbeitsspeicher
Custom Designs 6x ATI 6670, 5870, 3x Nvidia 8800GT
NEC Multisync LCD 1760NX, 2x 1970NX. Fujitsu Siemens Szenic View P 19-2, Dell Ultrasharp 1908FP
4x Saitek P1500 und PS 2700
XP 32Bit, Vista 64Bit, Win7 32Bit

5 Pcs are ready, one 6000 and Core To Duo 7500 Bundle on reserve.

This with KK on XP I tested months ago.

On the Laptop i write, is all OK with the KI.