VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Muz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Anyone knows which color go through this Cat 5 Keystone?

Attachments

Reply 1 of 4, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

First of all, is this cable utp? It doesn't look like it is but because of the blurry photo I can't tell for sure.

If it is, you need to check the other side and make out the mapping to the standard colors, because this cable doesn't have them.
Of course if the other side is not connected then you don't care about the colors, just use the same mapping on both ends.

Reply 2 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
konc wrote on 2021-11-22, 15:34:

First of all, is this cable utp? It doesn't look like it is but because of the blurry photo I can't tell for sure.

If it is, you need to check the other side and make out the mapping to the standard colors, because this cable doesn't have them.
Of course if the other side is not connected then you don't care about the colors, just use the same mapping on both ends.

Just having the same mapping on both ends doesn't work unless EVERTHING is wired the same exact way.. I've tried it. If you have a cable wired straight through but using different colors than a network drop has, you get really bad signal quality.

I was having CAT6A dropping the speed down to 100Mbps because the patch cable going ftom the switch to the patch panel was wired straight through but not the same as the rest of the run.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 4, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-11-22, 16:13:
konc wrote on 2021-11-22, 15:34:

Just having the same mapping on both ends doesn't work unless EVERTHING is wired the same exact way.. I've tried it. If you have a cable wired straight through but using different colors than a network drop has, you get really bad signal quality.

I was having CAT6A dropping the speed down to 100Mbps because the patch cable going ftom the switch to the patch panel was wired straight through but not the same as the rest of the run.

Yes of course, I meant to come up with something like "I'll use arbitrarily the pink/blue/whatever on the weird wire as the green per the Τ568A/B standard".

Reply 4 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh wait... the OP is Muz. We've been trolled y'all.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK