VOGONS

Reply 20 of 33, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Carlos S. M. wrote:
Nemo1985 wrote:

Sorry for necroposting, I have bought recently an ECS P4S5A/DX+ thinking that I would have been able to use the Pentium 3.06 with HT, unlucky this specific model of mb is not able to enable HT, now I'm looking for another mb that let me use the HT feature while keeping the highest AGP support as possible, any suggestion?

I believe it did support HT, but no idea, i could try mine with the 3.06 HT and newest BIOS if you want, if not, another board, i know gigabyte Gigabyte GA-8ST800 and Gigabyte GA-8ST667 supports them

Also if i remember, if you plan to use the voodoo 5 5500, i heard the ECS P4S5A/DX+ has issue with that card

I'm using the latest bios, I also updated the microcode, unlucky it's a know issue of that mb (https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/24 … S-P4S5A-DX.html), I tried the v5 5500 and it works without issues, I just use this system to try different videocards, if you are willing to try your mb with ht i'm grateful but I doubt the outcome will be different.
I try to look for the gigabytes mb, thanks!

Reply 22 of 33, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Nemo1985 wrote:

I've found an Asus P4S533-E, but info aren't clear if it supports ht or not... any suggestion?

I have the same board and no dice. No ht but should run the 3.06 just no ht. Overclocks to a max of 153 atleast thats how far i got incase you interested in overclocking.

Reply 23 of 33, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
greasemonkey90s wrote:
Nemo1985 wrote:

I've found an Asus P4S533-E, but info aren't clear if it supports ht or not... any suggestion?

I have the same board and no dice. No ht but should run the 3.06 just no ht. Overclocks to a max of 153 atleast thats how far i got incase you interested in overclocking.

Thank you for the info, unlucky I am a mainly interested in ht more than overclock

Reply 24 of 33, by deleted_nk

User metadata

Some ACER systems from around 2003-2004 had a SIS 651 (ECS) based board in microATX form-factor. A few did in fact support hyperthreading, but being an OEM system there's little to no overclocking on them. One board in particular I've used in the past is the L4S5MG / 651+, nice and stable for most things.

Reply 26 of 33, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Gigabyte 8VM533M-RZ is not compatible with AGP 3.3v physically. And according to ASUS P4V533-MX manual, none of the VIA P4M266A boards are electrically compatible with AGP 3.3v. So all motherboards on that chipset should be marked as untested, until proven on practice.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 27 of 33, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2020-09-19, 06:47:

Gigabyte 8VM533M-RZ is not compatible with AGP 3.3v physically. And according to ASUS P4V533-MX manual, none of the VIA P4M266A boards are electrically compatible with AGP 3.3v. So all motherboards on that chipset should be marked as untested, until proven on practice.

Asrock M266A is known to support 3.3v and support voodos, some 3dfx users already used that one, even paried with CT-479 (unofficially supported)

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 28 of 33, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Updated thread, added few boards and revamped the thread a bit

Reply 29 of 33, by Victorkorp99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings! Today I tested a model that is not on the list, it is an ECS 651-M v1.0, Under the heatsink it has a SIS 650GX chipset, it works perfectly with the Trident Blade 3D 9880 AGP. Soon I will be using it with a pentium 4 1.5ghz Willamette (s478), an Aureal Vortex 2 and a Voodoo 3! (when arrive)

Attachments

Argentina, Córdoba

System: - Pentium III-S 1.4 (Tualatin) + 512mb RAM PC133 + Lite-On TR100 (i815ep) + Ati Radeon 9550 256mb + SB Live! + Generic Usb 2.0 Card + 3Com Etherlink III+ 64gb SD Card (IDE to SD adapter)

Reply 30 of 33, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've been doing a bit of testing and it looks like the industrial PIAGP backplanes and SBCs support AGP 3.3v.
This gives you up to an 800fsb with a max of 3.4Ghz with HT on Socket 478. If I could find an LGA775 PIAGP SBC which I haven't seen in the 3+ years I have been looking, Pentium D or even early C2D CPUs might work.
There was only ever one model made and it apparently was either not very popular or they all died or people are still hanging onto them.

I need to test some more just to make sure, but all the ancient AGP cards I have tested work fine as well as AGP cards up to the 7950GT. I have not tested anything newer such as the HD3850.

• The advantages of using this series of PIAGP cards are numerous:

Supports standard AGP version 2.0 slots on the PCIAGP/PXAGP series passive backplane
    Compatible with all available AGP cards.
    PCIAGP/PXAGP backplanes are also integrated with the PICMG PCI/ISA CPU card slot. This means both traditional PICMG form factor CPU cards and our new AGP series if CPU cards are supported
    When using a card from our AGP series, users can install a PISA-kit01 PCI-to-ISA conversion module on the PCIAGP/PXAGP backplane to enable the ISA slots to function
    PCIAGP/PXAGP backplanes also provide and IDE RAID controller option. With the backplane RAID controller, users can assemble highly reliable industrial PC storage system without any change to the CPU card configuration

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 31 of 33, by RockstarRunner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can confirm that Biostar U8668-D is supporting 3.3V cards. I just tested with an ATI Rage Pro Turbo, and it worked fine.

IMG_20220220_130908.jpg
Filename
IMG_20220220_130908.jpg
File size
1.61 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 32 of 33, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Update: replaced all old UH19 links with UR links