VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am currently using at a test machine a k6/2 cpu @400mhz, does it also crash with error200 due to it's speed on tp7 progs?
if it does, I am gonna replace it with a 200mmx cpu...

Reply 1 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

wow!
just tried tyrian that crashed on pII+ and it works fine! cool!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 10, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My old PII 333 would get Runtime Error 200, but not all the time. Sometimes when I got Runtime Error 200, I could run the program again immediately afterwards and it would run perfectly.

Replacing your CPU seems overkill anyway; programs that produce this error can easily be patched.

Reply 3 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Get the patchers for both TP and C programs and forget about runtime error 200. Do not discard that CPU yet. I think they are somewhere in the forum.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 10, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's really just a matter of replacing a specific hex string with another. XVI32 (a darn nice hex editor) can do it:
http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freewar … xvi32/xvi32.htm

I wasn't aware it could happen with C programs, though.

Reply 5 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

some patches I tried on the pII (like prot200 tsr and tp7fix) failed...! I always got the error...but on the k6 it does not appear!
can u recommend me a patch?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 6 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I use tppatch. It's on forum. Maybe the executable you are trying to patch is packed (LZEXE, etc). You may need to unpack it first. If you are having problems patching something, send me a pm. I could take a look if you want.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 7 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yeah, did more tests!
prehistorik2 that crashed on pII now works OK! I am amazed! never used a k6 before!

Reply 10 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

hm,maybe the k6-2 is more tollerant then? will try OMF2097 this evening!