VOGONS

PCem v17

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 140 of 146, by resle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bruninho wrote on 2021-11-26, 19:08:

As for your unecessary and disrespectful commentary towards Apple/Mac, I won't give any attention. I am not that kind of fanboy

Bruninho wrote:

Except it does not run on mac or linux, only crapindows

*cough*

..so we ate rare animals, we spent the night eating rare animals..

Reply 141 of 146, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
resle wrote on 2021-12-05, 04:09:
Bruninho wrote on 2021-11-26, 19:08:

As for your unecessary and disrespectful commentary towards Apple/Mac, I won't give any attention. I am not that kind of fanboy

Bruninho wrote:

Except it does not run on mac or linux, only crapindows

*cough*

*off topic *

My avatar clearly tells you that I am not even close to being a fanboy of any operating system. I just like whatever operating system gives me the user interface & user experience I expect to see in a computer, regardless of who made them.

I have nothing against MS at all - I just happen to dislike modern Windows from XP and later. Windows 10 being the most absolute crap I have ever used. Hence, “crapindows”.

Can we get back to the subject of this thread, please?

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 142 of 146, by zirkoni

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DracoNihil wrote on 2021-12-04, 16:54:

That sounds like a compiler problem. I haven't tried building PCem for Linux but what if you built it with -O2 instead of -O3? Or with Clang instead of GCC?

Good idea!

With -O2 the crash happened immediately after clicking the "Load" button to start the OS.
-O1 seems to be working, no crash. My GCC version is 11.1.0.

EDIT:
Maybe I'll try Clang next.
Same problem with Clang.
With -O3 optimization the Clang build crashes immediately after clicking the "Load" button

https://youtube.com/@zirkoni42

Reply 143 of 146, by spiroyster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
zirkoni wrote on 2021-12-06, 08:22:
Good idea! […]
Show full quote
DracoNihil wrote on 2021-12-04, 16:54:

That sounds like a compiler problem. I haven't tried building PCem for Linux but what if you built it with -O2 instead of -O3? Or with Clang instead of GCC?

Good idea!

With -O2 the crash happened immediately after clicking the "Load" button to start the OS.
-O1 seems to be working, no crash. My GCC version is 11.1.0.

EDIT:
Maybe I'll try Clang next.
Same problem with Clang.
With -O3 optimization the Clang build crashes immediately after clicking the "Load" button

99% of the time when using C/C++, crash in release and not in debug indicates variables used without being initialised. In gcc, compile with -wall flag to see compiler warnings (specifically which variables are used when uninitialised).

Last edited by spiroyster on 2021-12-06, 10:58. Edited 2 times in total.