VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 48, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's not officially Christmas until i hear "Snoopy s Christmas" on the radio............

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 21 of 48, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, since the move I wish my parents didn't make... I nolonger have a working VCR and TV in my room capable enough for me to play the badly aged (as in the tape is quite deteriorated) tape of A Charlie Brown Christmas which I generally like watching this time of year.

Oh well, I'm going to stream some Christmas themed levels for Doom in the mean time as soon as I cobble whatever I can find.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 23 of 48, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks like it will be a White Christmas in Northern California and Silicon Valley.
Take a look at this Photo of the surrounding Silicon Valley Mountains.
And it is Snowing hard in the California Sierra’s.
Back in 1970’s it use to snow in Silicon Valley mountains allot so much so that they
Even had a Santa’s Village in the mountain valley.

Attachments

Reply 24 of 48, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2021-12-14, 17:38:

Looks like it will be a White Christmas in Northern California and Silicon Valley.
Take a look at this Photo of the surrounding Silicon Valley Mountains.
And it is Snowing hard in the California Sierra’s.

I just looked up my old zip code, looks like it will be snowing overnight. I always enjoyed that.
It's slated to rain afterward though, so I don't think the snow will stick around long after daybreak.
That was the typical pattern when I lived there (~2500ft).

On occasions when the snow did stick through the day it was isolating, because some of the hills are too steep for most vehicles.
Getting out (downhill) was possible but tricky. Once you were out, it was impossible to get back in.

It's always a big problem when the snow starts falling in late day and a lot of people aren't home yet.
My casual observation was that the best hill-climbers on snow were Jeep Wranglers and those compact Japanese 4x4 pickups.

Reply 25 of 48, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was saving my merries and happies until nearer the time we celebrate, but Merry Christmas all you present rattlers and candy cane sneakers. 🤣

Well also with seeing the Christmas themed games discussion I thought I'd mention one of my old favorite text adventures "Humbug" which is Christmas-ish if not Christmas-sy, set during the winter school break. https://grahamcluley.com/misc/humbug/

edit: btw it seems to run fine for me in a Win7/32 command prompt, but not super sure it's safe outside it's DOS cage.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 26 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hope you all had a wonderful day. Got good gifts and had nice food....

We all know Santa. Right!? Well. He lives in different places according to different cultures. Like in Denmark he comes from Greenland. In Finland he lives in Lapland and we all know that Americans say he lives on the North Pole. So with all that global warming, it is only a question of time. Until the parents in North America will have to tell their children that Santa drowned with the entire crew of Elf's.

Sorry kid's. No Christmas gifts under the tree, Santa died....

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 28 of 48, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Classic The Far Side

Attachments

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 29 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
386SX wrote on 2021-12-25, 15:34:

Well usually here you know it's Christmas cause they air the movie Trading Places (1983) at the TV everytimes. An 80's classic.

And the movie Die Hard. 😉

Reply 30 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My presents this year.

A book about chokolate. There is everything from the history of kakao (amazones to modern day) and it contains recepies of pralines and other filled chokolates. Like white chokolate with raspberry mouse. I got a can of 1.7 kilo of "fake turtle", wich is a kind of stew made from fish-ball's and cow tounge in sherry sauce (from my childrens mother). And finally a ceramic pine tree that my son made in school.

Even though my childrens mother and I are not a couple anymore. We split up around 2012. We are having christmas together for the sake of our children. And when I asked her if we are doing it next year as well, she was all in. This is great that we can give our children a christmas evening as parents, even though we are not together as a couple. Around 9pm (21:00) she left in order to spend the christmas night with her boyfriend, and I slept on her couch. That way they would have christmas together as well, and I would be making breakfast for my children and their half sister. Personally I am feeling extremely well off, that their mother and I can concentrate on being the parents part, even though we are not a couple or anything. It is good for the children. Personally I feel that a lot of split up families can learn from the way we do things. We are open on everything and every decition is 100% based on what is best for the children.

Reply 31 of 48, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Merry Christmas to all.

Here's my favorite gift this year:

keyboard.jpg
Filename
keyboard.jpg
File size
1.46 MiB
Views
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

Modern beige keyboard and mouse. Thankfully the backlight can be turned off. It's mechanical with brown switches. My first mechanical keyboard ever. Love it.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 32 of 48, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote on 2021-12-25, 15:10:

Until the parents in North America will have to tell their children that Santa drowned with the entire crew of Elf's.

He'll just have to move to the South Pole. That will take a lot longer to melt. And if it does, we'll have far bigger problems than Christmas presents.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 33 of 48, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote on 2021-12-25, 16:26:

My presents this year.

A book about chokolate. There is everything from the history of kakao (amazones to modern day) and it contains recepies of pralines and other filled chokolates. Like white chokolate with raspberry mouse. I got a can of 1.7 kilo of "fake turtle", wich is a kind of stew made from fish-ball's and cow tounge in sherry sauce (from my childrens mother). And finally a ceramic pine tree that my son made in school.

Even though my childrens mother and I are not a couple anymore. We split up around 2012. We are having christmas together for the sake of our children. And when I asked her if we are doing it next year as well, she was all in. This is great that we can give our children a christmas evening as parents, even though we are not together as a couple. Around 9pm (21:00) she left in order to spend the christmas night with her boyfriend, and I slept on her couch. That way they would have christmas together as well, and I would be making breakfast for my children and their half sister. Personally I am feeling extremely well off, that their mother and I can concentrate on being the parents part, even though we are not a couple or anything. It is good for the children. Personally I feel that a lot of split up families can learn from the way we do things. We are open on everything and every decition is 100% based on what is best for the children.

That's nice, Christmas's is for our children, they grow up so fast and I bet you'd regret it you'd ruin the experience for them out of spite for their mother.

Personally I'm from a home with parents who stayed together for too long and it's not that pretty today...

Merry Xmas.

Reply 34 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dr_st wrote on 2021-12-25, 16:31:
brostenen wrote on 2021-12-25, 15:10:

Until the parents in North America will have to tell their children that Santa drowned with the entire crew of Elf's.

He'll just have to move to the South Pole. That will take a lot longer to melt. And if it does, we'll have far bigger problems than Christmas presents.

Ahhh.... That is one solution as well. 😀

Reply 35 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Joakim wrote on 2021-12-25, 16:35:
That's nice, Christmas's is for our children, they grow up so fast and I bet you'd regret it you'd ruin the experience for them […]
Show full quote
brostenen wrote on 2021-12-25, 16:26:

My presents this year.

That's nice, Christmas's is for our children, they grow up so fast and I bet you'd regret it you'd ruin the experience for them out of spite for their mother.

Personally I'm from a home with parents who stayed together for too long and it's not that pretty today...

Merry Xmas.

I hope that I did not make it clear, that I actually have christmas with my childrens mother, for the sake of the children. I am in the opinion that it is best to have Christmas evenning with the children and their mother, for the exclusive reason of it being the best for the children. It is a bit like that one night, we are giving the children a party, as a combined sort of thing. We shared to cooking together. We were two to roast the meat, she made the desert and I cooked the potatoes and did the sauce. But we usually make dinner together every wednesday. We are parents and we think it is healthy for the kids to know that mom and dad can have dinner together, despite not being married, lovers or together in other ways.

Christ.... I think this is a turnoff for some future girlfriend that I might find. But then again, a future girlfriend that I might get. Just have to suck it up and deal with it. 😁

Reply 36 of 48, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dec 25th is about to end here, the city was full in traffic, haven't seen that happening in this global status. Spent the other part of the night on watching Reels and my retrospective education. 😁

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 37 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2021-12-25, 17:51:

Dec 25th is about to end here, the city was full in traffic, haven't seen that happening in this global status. Spent the other part of the night on watching Reels and my retrospective education. 😁

Always nice to see some more life. 😀 Just go out and get what you need, and keep a small and nice Christmas. The fewer the more one can concentrate on each person individually. The greatest gift, is to watch people unwrap and be happy. Never mind what one get.

Reply 39 of 48, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2021-12-25, 18:36:

Anyone get any retro hardware, software, movies or music ?

I got a winter hat. I had two already. I didn't want anything tbh. Except maybe a socket 7 ATX board. But the chances that Santa knows what it is is slim.

Oh and I got a nose hair trimmers I actually asked for. Guys trim your nose hair, they are horrid.