VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 46, by Kempj18

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
RandomStranger wrote on 2021-08-02, 09:32:

Probably the AST Premium II. Mostly because it's at my parent's place and not mine. But either way, a 486SX-20 is not that big a leap over a 386DX-40 and where that one would be too slow I have a K5-PR133 and some slower non-MMX Pentiums.

Do you still have access to it? I need a Bios for an AST Premium II. My current Bios is 1.0, and from what I've found online, 2.2 is the newest version. The problem is, You have to load the PROM chips with a programmer. I haven't found any online. Either way, if I could find a newer BIOS, I am willing to pay for shipping to get the chips here and back to pull the machine code off them.

Reply 41 of 46, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kempj18 wrote on 2021-12-10, 02:29:

Probably the AST Premium II. Mostly because it's at my parent's place and not mine. But either way, a 486SX-20 is not that big a leap over a 386DX-40 and where that one would be too slow I have a K5-PR133 and some slower non-MMX Pentiums.

Do you still have access to it? I need a Bios for an AST Premium II. My current Bios is 1.0, and from what I've found online, 2.2 is the newest version. The problem is, You have to load the PROM chips with a programmer. I haven't found any online. Either way, if I could find a newer BIOS, I am willing to pay for shipping to get the chips here and back to pull the machine code off them.

I found an old image from the last time I turned it on. It seems to have the BIOS version 2.0

utuByrf.jpg

I don't have direct access to it. It's at my parent's house in my home town.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 43 of 46, by Kempj18

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
RandomStranger wrote on 2021-12-12, 20:10:
I found an old image from the last time I turned it on. It seems to have the BIOS version 2.0 […]
Show full quote
Kempj18 wrote on 2021-12-10, 02:29:

I found an old image from the last time I turned it on. It seems to have the BIOS version 2.0

utuByrf.jpg

I don't have direct access to it. It's at my parent's house in my home town.

The 2.0 BIOS would be great. Anyway you can get your parents to pull it? If not, are you willing to part with it? I want to keep it whole. I don't want to part it out. AST's are really hard to find.

Reply 44 of 46, by armani

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought a machine with a Voodoo3 in it a couple years ago, unfortunately for now I do not have enough room or time to set it up due to being in college/living in a dorm, but I will play the crap out of it once I got an actual place set up and once I stop being nomadic

Reply 45 of 46, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah I remember dorms in the 90s, only had room for 2 PCs, laptop, Amiga, ZX Spectrum+ with IF1 and a TV and VCR...

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.