VOGONS

First post, by badflame

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

the patch is compatible with the spanish edition of the game, but changes all text to english language.

Would it be possible to adapt it to preserve the original text language?

Thanks

Last edited by badflame on 2021-12-21, 22:32. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 8, by badflame

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2021-12-20, 15:54:

Could you share the spanish version of the executable, plz?

Yes, of course.

Filename
autorun.exe
File size
464.5 KiB
Downloads
51 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Thanks a lot 😀

Reply 4 of 8, by badflame

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2021-12-20, 18:40:

I think I need 'darkomen.exe' not autorun. 😀

Not other .exe in root directory except "detect.exe" of 47kb and "tshoot.exe" of 33.5kb. In the subfolder "PRG_ENG \EngRel.exe" 1.11Mb and "PRG_ENG \Ip.exe" 812kb.

*** UPDATE ***

Ok, I think that the spanish version have "autorun.exe" as intermediate launcher with "PRG_ENG \EngRel.exe". This file has the same size of your patch and also if examine it with one HEX editor you can find the spanish texts. So I share with you "EngRel.exe".

If not, any way to share with you the complete image of the game, for examine it?

Attachments

Reply 5 of 8, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Indeed, EngRel.exe is to be patched, sorry.
I can't try your version because though the exe needs 'darkpatch.dll'. Is it already a patched version?

But anyway, it's very easy to patch it. You just have to search for the hex value patterns (3 unique patterns in total) below in a hexa editor (I recommend HxD) and replace them with the ones next to it:

1. 6A 00 FF D7 85 C0 7C F8 -> 6A 00 FF D7 85 C0 90 90

2. 8B 34 51 EB -> BE FF FF EB

3. 51 50 52 e8 1B -> 51 50 52 B8 01

Reply 7 of 8, by badflame

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2021-12-21, 18:19:

So, here is the patched exe, but I can't try it myself.

Thanks a lot for your kind reply, Dege 😀

I have to apologize, since I think I have not been able to explain myself from the beginning.

Currently I use your patch: http://dege.fw.hu/Patches/bin/Warhammer_DarkOmen_Patch.zip to launch and play the game.

I think this patch runs the game ignoring "EngRel.exe", that is, replaces it as launcher. And it works perfectly. The only problem, as I said, is that the patch itself includes only the English texts (since I presume it was created from the english version of the "EngRel.exe" file, which obviously had no texts in Spanish).

So, when I have requested an adaptation of the patch but with texts in Spanish, I actually requested the creation of a new patch, but created from the texts in Spanish. Since in Windows 10 the file "EngRel.exe" is not executable and therefore it is necessary to use your patch "DARKOMEN.EXE" to launch and play the game.

Excuse me if I do not express myself very well and if I am still not understood, tell me, and I will try to explain myself better.

Thanks.

P.S.
to help the understanding of what I request. Your patch "DARKOMEN.EXE" is the only executable that works in Windows 10. The patch itself includes the texts and therefore what I ask is that it contain the texts in Spanish (which I think have to be extracted from the file "EngRel.exe" ).

UPDATE

Dege, great news!!! 😀

It is a bit strange but trying things (without too much criteria) I have replaced the file "EngRel.exe" installed by the CD-Rom without installing.

Comparing both files in HEX, they are identical but the CD-Rom file has a longer length (all 00 values).

So, I have tried to replace it and surprisingly this file is executable from Windows 10. It works both through "Autorun.exe" and running it directly (stand alone).

The game already works perfect with spanish text (in combination with dgVoodoo). But in any case I have applied your HEX modifications, since I imagine they will serve to achieve some improvements (at the moment I have been able to verify that it converts the installation into No-CD).

I share with you the patch modified for the Spanish version, in case you want to add it to your download catalog.

Thanks a lot for your kindness and support.

Greetings.

Attachments

• Filename
    darkomen_spanish.exe
    File size
    1.12 MiB
    Downloads
    82 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 8 of 8, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hm, it's great job! It didn't come to my mind. 😎

But, my patch is not about running the exe standalone. I didn't think it's a problem because I could run EngRel.exe through the launcher (for my patch, I got that stand-alone exe from someone else).

It's about being able to use 3D accelerated rendering which should be enabled in the options menu (by default it's software and as far as I remember, human faces appear with wrong color palette with that).