VOGONS

First post, by G-Stuff002

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't figure out how to set up dgVoodoo2 to play the first movie

The game works great, the color fix shows itself perfectly. But when i start the game, the screen is black and only music is playing, the video is not visible. I press Esc and immediately go to the main menu..

Please help, how to set up the dgVoodoo2 to see the first movie ?

Reply 3 of 14, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I improved GDI hooking a bit, so now it kinda works: there is one problem however, the movie image is not vertically centered but appears at the top. I don't know why but probably the MCI player detects that it's not drawing into a window, as expected, so it can't center the position. Or sg like that.

Are there any movies in this game other than the initial one? If there are, how can I play them for testing?

Reply 9 of 14, by G-Stuff002

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There is one more problem with dgVoodoo2, but with a different game, I will have to post a message in another topic or i can here?
This is Aliens versus Predator GOLD, when starting a mission or creating and run multiplayer, it throws it to the desktop without error
Without dgVoodoo2 this does not happen but the game has a graphical glitch, the right side of the screen is distorted
..I checked on windows 7x64

Reply 11 of 14, by G-Stuff002

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Doesn't work, I hear only sound as before, movie not visible, just black screen

Age of Empires II\age2_x1.exe
Without compatibility Windows XP sp3 on Windows 7x64 the 1st movie does not play, the game immediately launches the main menu
With compatibility Windows XP sp3 on Windows 7x64 the 1st movie show black screen with sound