User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Almoststew1990 wrote on 2021-12-26, 09:04:
Red alert: […]
Show full quote

Red alert:

Mission accomplished - I say this to myself whenever I achieve something trivial
Silos needed
Awaiting orders
Unable to comply, building in progress

Driver 1 menu music and menu sound effect

Worms Armageddon / World Party "...traitor!"

Oh.. you forgot about.
-"Insufficient Funds" 😁

Reply 21 of 113, by Sombrero

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Voice clips:

- Fallout: "War. War never changes"
- Shodan's classic line from System Shock 2 was already mentioned
- Diablo: "Stay awhile and listen"
- FreeSpace 2: "Dive! Dive! Dive! Hit your burners, pilot!"
- Pretty much every "Yes sir?" "Ok" type of unit comment on every Command & Conquer game up to Red Alert 2

Sounds:
- Tomb Raider: the secret found -chirp
- Resident Evil 2: the inventory sounds

Reply 22 of 113, by Namrok

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think more than any, the music and sound effects from the Doom Shareware are permanently etched into my brain. It was the first, and most voraciously played FPS I ever laid hands on, and FPS remained my favorite and most played genre for well over a decade.

Win95/DOS 7.1 - P233 MMX (@2.5 x 100 FSB), Diamond Viper V330 AGP, SB16 CT2800
Win98 - K6-2+ 500, GF2 MX, SB AWE 64 CT4500, SBLive CT4780
Win98 - Pentium III 1000, GF2 GTS, SBLive CT4760
WinXP - Athlon 64 3200+, GF 7800 GS, Audigy 2 ZS

Reply 23 of 113, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The other day I was at a bookstore browsing the foreign languages section. Seeing this one immediately had the wolf3D voice clip playing in my head. 😁

meinleben.jpg
Filename
meinleben.jpg
File size
264.15 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 24 of 113, by Standard Def Steve

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

"Hey hey! Come on over and have some fun with Crazy Taxi!"
🎵Ya ya ya ya ya...🎵

If I hadn't played that game so dang much during my university years, I'd probably have enough quarters to buy my own Crazy Taxi cabinet today. 😜

P6 chip. Triple the speed of the Pentium.
Tualatin: PIII-S @ 1628MHz | QDI Advance 12T | 2GB DDR-310 | 6800GT | X-Fi | 500GB HDD | 3DMark01: 14,059
Dothan: PM @ 2.9GHz | MSI Speedster FA4 | 2GB DDR2-580 | GTX 750Ti | X-Fi | 500GB SSD | 3DMark01: 43,190

Reply 25 of 113, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

We require more minerals
Carrier has arrived

There would be lots and lots from WC3, except that I always play that with sound off, and have done for many years. (Hearing the sounds flashes me back to the early 2000s, back before I learned to play silently.)

Not a game, but hearing modem dialup sounds also transports me back in time.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 27 of 113, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There are many, but I'll just quote some of them:

1. Aaaaaaahhhhhh....Mmmuch Better!!!
- Duke Nukem 3D.

I still say it sometimes when I take a leak, and somehow feels....really much better while saying it on the act... 🤣

2. Starcraft - Go,go,go! Used to say it while driving and when the cars in front of me are about to move when the traffic lights turn green.

3. "How goes the war against the humans?" And "Soon, the earth will be in my grasp" (while clenching my fist too)
- Kilrathi Emperor in Wing Commander II opening cinematics. In fact, I have memorized unknowingly the whole conversation in this cinematics.

4. "Mwuahahahahahah...." Murray from Curse of Monkey Island.

And many many more, but I might bore everyone.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 29 of 113, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Joakim wrote on 2021-12-25, 07:25:

Must be Popcorn (music) from Digger. I played it on a pc clone back in 1989

Popcorn, the melody you mentioned . Was written by Gershon Kingsley all the way back in 1969 , who passed away in December 2019. And oh yeah you are absolutely correct. It would be one that could get on your mind big time. Oh by the way, the version, you are thinking of, when it comes to the pc game is from 1983. Now I feel old.

Reply 32 of 113, by creepingnet

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

- The internal speaker music from The Secret of Monkey Island, I never got to hear the Adlib music until I got my first sound card in 2001, an ESS AudioDrive 1868. So I still hear that overworld MeLee Map theme where the bass-line is actually the melody line.

- The Sharedata Wheel of Fortune internal speaker music. Spent many hours playing that on just about every vintage PC I've owned.

- "Reticulating Splines", now it's double stuck because SteelWool reused that in FNaF Security Breech...though I remember it from Sim City 2000.

- Grunting Duke Nukem when trying to open a locked door.

- "Butt Sauce" From Postal Dude in the first Postal when blowing someone over with the heat seeking missiles

~The Creeping Network~
My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/creepingnet
Creepingnet's World - https://creepingnet.neocities.org/
The Creeping Network Repo - https://www.geocities.ws/creepingnet2019/

Reply 33 of 113, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malik wrote on 2021-12-27, 00:13:
There are many, but I'll just quote some of them: […]
Show full quote

- Duke Nukem 3D.

I still say it sometimes when I take a leak, and somehow feels....really much better while saying it on the act... 🤣

2. Starcraft - Go,go,go! Used to say it while driving and when the cars in front of me are about to move when the traffic lights turn green.

3. "How goes the war against the humans?" And "Soon, the earth will be in my grasp" (while clenching my fist too)
- Kilrathi Emperor in Wing Commander II opening cinematics. In fact, I have memorized unknowingly the whole conversation in this cinematics.

WolverineDK wrote on 2021-12-27, 00:49:

Popcorn, the melody you mentioned . Was written by Gershon Kingsley all the way back in 1969 , who passed away in December 2019. And oh yeah you are absolutely correct. It would be one that could get on your mind big time. Oh by the way, the version, you are thinking of, when it comes to the pc game is from 1983. Now I feel old.

You know, it's always nice to see fellow old timers posting again in the forum. 😀 I wonder what Great Hierophant, Amigaz, and 5u3 are doing right now.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 34 of 113, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All sorts of clips from Warcraft 3 and WoW. Let's get on with it. Stop poking me! The dead shall serve. What is it you require. I'm listening. No peace for the angry dead. Time is money friend. I haven't got all day. Mhhmmmm *smack/whip crack* ahhhh! I play all my records backwards... I don't like... this place... (and many more)

Quake 1: nail gun/super nailgun, ogre grenade launcher + chainsaw, portal, pickup, zombie groan...

Grim Fandango: That sound makes me want to kill somebody. You too? You got any more of those dead worms back there? Did ya lose the one I gave ya? No. well go play with it some more, ok?

Reply 36 of 113, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The coin-up sound from Pole Position.

Startup sounds from a few NES games: Goonies II, Rush 'N Attack, Metroid

Windows default sound effects. Especially that jarring "Exclamation.wav" sound.

"Any dwarf can wield an axe, but it takes a true warrior to make it sing it's melee melody!" - Lords of Magic. That game will say voice lines every time you click on a building, and depending which faction you play as, some of them will get very tiring. I liked to play Earth so that's the one I heard way too many times.

Reply 38 of 113, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote on 2021-12-28, 08:31:
Malik wrote on 2021-12-27, 00:13:
There are many, but I'll just quote some of them: […]
Show full quote

- Duke Nukem 3D.

WolverineDK wrote on 2021-12-27, 00:49:

You know, it's always nice to see fellow old timers posting again in the forum. 😀 I wonder what Great Hierophant, Amigaz, and 5u3 are doing right now.

I'm not that old... I was 5 in 1989. The computer in question was probably older than me. 😀

Reply 39 of 113, by Desomondo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"ugh" - Lara Croft
"ugh" - Quake Guy
"ugh" - Doom Guy
"I got a present for ya!" - GDI Commando

And finally, that weird buzz-like scramble sound that plays when landing a cyclone kick in Double Dragon II for the NES 😀

Win98: PII 400 | 440BX | Voodoo3 | Live + SB16
WinME: P4 HT 641 | 865G | Geforce4 Ti4400 | Audigy2ZS
WinXP: C2 Q9400 | G41 | Geforce GTX 280 | X-Fi
Win7: i7 2600K | P67 | Geforce GTX 980ti | X-Fi
Win10: R7 5800X | X570 | Radeon RX 6800 | X-Fi Titanium