Reply 540 of 658, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vetz wrote on 2021-12-25, 20:10:
Babasha wrote on 2021-12-25, 19:32:
GL1zdA wrote on 2021-12-25, 17:44:

It looks like Future Cop is using the same engine (THRASH) as NFS. So maybe with some hacking it would be possible to run NFS3 on a PowerVR.

And what about Future Cop? Why it no listed in any list supported/unofficial/debunked?

It's a previously unknown game, so haven't been checked out. I dont have the availability to check it atm, so if anyone else could confirm on an actual PowerVR card that would be great

I am already check it in d3d. Next week try to check it on Ati Rage Pro (currently dont have early models like Rage II).

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉

Reply 542 of 658, by RaVeN-05

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Probably can be a PowerVR(2)? game because Arcade and DreamCast build on PowerVR chips
https://www.mobygames.com/game/thomas-friends … tival-adventure
Thomas & Friends: The Great Festival Adventure

https://www.mobygames.com/game/sega-marine-fishing
Sega Marine Fishing

https://www.mobygames.com/game/typing-of-the-dead
The Typing of the Dead

https://www.mobygames.com/game/sega-gt
Sega GT

https://www.youtube.com/user/whitemagicraven
https://go.twitch.tv/whitemagicraventv

Reply 543 of 658, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vetz wrote on 2021-12-25, 20:10:
Babasha wrote on 2021-12-25, 19:32:

It looks like Future Cop is using the same engine (THRASH) as NFS. So maybe with some hacking it would be possible to run NFS3 on a PowerVR.

And what about Future Cop? Why it no listed in any list supported/unofficial/debunked?

It's a previously unknown game, so haven't been checked out. I dont have the availability to check it atm, so if anyone else could confirm on an actual PowerVR card that would be great

Test it under Win98 with my ATI Rage Pro Xpert@play - works in D3D, with registry patch or 3DSetup patch it try to run with ragea.dll backend and QUITS 🙁
Sad, may be it req's more patching or other Rage-series videocard/driver.

Reply 544 of 658, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
grantek wrote on 2021-12-26, 05:24:

I saw the S3D version of Whiplash was uploaded to archive.org in October this year: archive.org ...

Wow, thanks!

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 545 of 658, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think we should split the thread into the api's. btw. mystique is supported on DX6/Revil2. My G200PCI has no image anymore so I went down to 1164 My220 and now I am testing games against it.

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 546 of 658, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dr.zeissler wrote on 2021-12-29, 17:27:

I think we should split the thread into the api's. btw. mystique is supported on DX6/Revil2. My G200PCI has no image anymore so I went down to 1164 My220 and now I am testing games against it.

G200 has no Proprietary APIs so not belong to this thread. The Direct3D is also not our business here.

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 547 of 658, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Forcing Future Strike's powervra.dll into NFS3 just brings a NULL TEXTURE error. I didn't think the thrash drivers were interchangeable anyway given that they're older and fucop isn't as graphically striking as NFS3 (obviously had some renderer changes that deprecated all the API mess)

D3D works though (...with broken blending and garbled text) - but we don't give a shit about Direct3D here 😀

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 548 of 658, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2021-12-30, 06:19:

Forcing Future Strike's powervra.dll into NFS3 just brings a NULL TEXTURE error. I didn't think the thrash drivers were interchangeable anyway given that they're older and fucop isn't as graphically striking as NFS3 (obviously had some renderer changes that deprecated all the API mess)

Thanks for checking. Have you tried Future Cop on the PowerVR? If it works it could be added to the PowerVR list in this topic.

EDIT: Another game having powervra.dll: Fifa 99. You can extract it from the demo version.

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 550 of 658, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Fifa 99 demo looks good under SGL and plays nicely (~20 FPS 😀 ) on PCX2:
FIFA99D_SGL1.png
FIFA99D%20SGL%202.bmp
FIFA99D%20SGL%203.bmp

Tried also one of the suggested Sega games: Marine Fishing demo. No sign of SGL there, this newer game of TnL generation runs at 5 fps.

OCEAN_PC%20PCX2.png

Reply 551 of 658, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Putas wrote on 2021-12-30, 13:41:

Nice, so we have an addition to the PowerVR list. Have you tried the Future Cop demo?

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 552 of 658, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
The Fifa 99 demo looks good under SGL and plays nicely (~20 FPS :) ) on PCX2: https://www.vintage3d.org/images/PCX2/FIFA99D_SGL1 […]
Show full quote

FIFA99D_SGL1.png
FIFA99D%20SGL%202.bmp
FIFA99D%20SGL%203.bmp

Tried also one of the suggested Sega games: Marine Fishing demo. No sign of SGL there, this newer game of TnL generation runs at 5 fps.

OCEAN_PC%20PCX2.png

Thx! Will try it on Ati Rage Pro next time.

Reply 553 of 658, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GL1zdA wrote on 2021-12-30, 13:48:

Nice, so we have an addition to the PowerVR list. Have you tried the Future Cop demo?

It is one of those games with encoded config. Since the 3d setup program does not offer PowerVR, despite having the option in the registry, I don't know how.

Reply 554 of 658, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Putas wrote on 2021-12-30, 17:15:
GL1zdA wrote on 2021-12-30, 13:48:

It is one of those games with encoded config. Since the 3d setup program does not offer PowerVR, despite having the option in the registry, I don't know how.

Just find Future Cop section in registry, next loot for Thrash parameter here and change it from “d3d” to “powervr” 😀

Reply 555 of 658, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Babasha wrote on 2021-12-30, 17:39:

Just find Future Cop section in registry, next loot for Thrash parameter here and change it from “d3d” to “powervr” 😀

I tried both demo and full, but it crashes for me as well. Tried NFS III demo the same way, it outright refuses to start with the same error as Leileilol's.