VOGONS

First post, by NTxC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

My monitor configuration is 1-2-3, where 1 is my main display and the display that I desire to play on, 2 is a side monitor and 3 is a small TV for watching various stuff.

I'm trying to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to play on my main monitor. However, it always launches on the TV and no matter what I did, it always launched and stayed on the TV in 800x600. I used Graphics Rules Maker to make the game recognize my video card, RTX 3080.

So, I tried dgVoodoo2 to force it to launch on my main monitor. In the dgVoodoo2 control panel, I used "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080" as the Adapter to use, and I selected "\\.\DISPLAY1" as the Full Screen Output.
Now, upon launching the game, I get greeted with an error messagebox saying, "No video card found that works with DirectX 9.0c! Check if you have a video card that supports DirectX 9.0c and the latest drivers offered by the vendor. Application will close.".

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
Cheers,
NT

I managed to get it to launch on the correct monitor. The problem with the initial error was fixed by setting the correct VRAM amount so that both the dgVoodoo2 card has 2 GB and TS2 is forced to use 2 GB as well.

However, now the game crashes when a neighborhood is loaded with an error that says "Application was interrupted. Application will close.". Great.

Well, I managed to run it properly. Doing EVERYTHING that this video showed helped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dCr_gCfN0U

To fix the monitor issue, I selected "\\.\DISPLAY3" (so I guess the main monitor is number 3... doesn't make any sense 🤣) in the Full Screen Output combobox in the dgVoodoo2 control panel. Also, I went to the advanced settings of the panel, and in the DirectXExt tab, unchecked the option "Deferred screen mode switch". This made the game run in fullscreen on the first monitor.