Including the ones I had already, I now have 17 233s
Since I have now cleaned up and restored the pins on all of the 233s now, I decided to do some binning.
Interesting data that I found.
I went with a very simple and quick test to check the max posting frequency of each chip. Just as a quick method of finding the best ones.
The goal is only to get far enough in post to start counting memory without a heatsink (takes longer than this to get hot) then the computer gets shut down. If the processor hangs prior to that it failed the test.
Here are the results:
All of these processors obviously work at 233
I started at 100mhz bus 3x
Ten failed to post right off the bat at 300mhz
Next I bumped the bus to 105mhz
Which should be 315mhz but the bios is reporting 333mhz, not sure where the error is there.
Three more processors failed to post at this speed.
Next I bumped it to 110x3 again the board reports 333mhz. One more processor fails to post.
(Down to three out of 17)
Finally I tried 100x3.5 and all remaining failed to post.
Interesting results that seem to show that there is quite a range in result when it comes to overclocking these chips.
I won’t delve in deeper and find the actual max stable overclock for each of these chips but this short little test I’m sure is revealing of something.
None of the 200mhz chips that I have ready would post at 3x110 Didn’t do further testing other than to verify one got close to posting at 300. But I ended the testing.