User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2021-12-12, 04:20:
You mean this one :) - first link out on a Google file name search! […]
Show full quote
TrashPanda wrote on 2021-12-12, 03:06:

Looking for the latest Bios update for the Foxconn BlackOps X48 board, I have spent several hours myself trying the usual methods to locate the 7a3f1p07.zip Bios update. But with Foxconn having removed their support sites and FTP archives its proving to be incredibly difficult to find a download for it. I have the board but its current bios looks to have been modded in the past and I would like to flash a clean version over it to verify the board either works or can be used for soldering classes.

Have even tried the wayback machine but obviously it doesnt have the FTP archive for the downloads, google has some sketchy sources that all require payment to download ...I think not.

If anyone has a copy of the bios update I would be very grateful for a link to get myself a copy.

You mean this one 😀 - first link out on a Google file name search!

https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php … riverid=1723721

Motherboard_5CIntel_5CSocket775_5CX48A01_5CBios_5C7A3F1P07.zip

Now I feel pretty dang stupid .. since I skipped that one as its so damn similar to the others that either paywall downloads or use some malware download utility.

Thank you all the same for the download linky 😁

Reply 1261 of 1466, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TrashPanda wrote on 2021-12-12, 04:23:
You mean this one :) - first link out on a Google file name search! […]
Show full quote
TrashPanda wrote on 2021-12-12, 03:06:

Looking for the latest Bios update for the Foxconn BlackOps X48 board, I have spent several hours myself trying the usual methods to locate the 7a3f1p07.zip Bios update. But with Foxconn having removed their support sites and FTP archives its proving to be incredibly difficult to find a download for it. I have the board but its current bios looks to have been modded in the past and I would like to flash a clean version over it to verify the board either works or can be used for soldering classes.

Have even tried the wayback machine but obviously it doesnt have the FTP archive for the downloads, google has some sketchy sources that all require payment to download ...I think not.

If anyone has a copy of the bios update I would be very grateful for a link to get myself a copy.

Now I feel pretty dang stupid .. since I skipped that one as its so damn similar to the others that either paywall downloads or use some malware download utility.

No problem - for the files that they let you access directly, Driverguide are a pretty solid resource

Reply 1262 of 1466, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2021-12-12, 04:29:
TrashPanda wrote on 2021-12-12, 04:23:

No problem - for the files that they let you access directly, Driverguide are a pretty solid resource

Im hoping a new Bios sorts this board out, reading online it seems the Blackops board was an overclockers dream board for X48 so if it fixes the issues it has then I may just keep it rather than using it for soldering practise.

Reply 1263 of 1466, by ntalaec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have uploaded the following drivers (IMG+scans):
3Com MegaHertz PCMCIA PC CARD 10/100 LAN
LCS/Telegraphics universal mouse driver v8.20H
SyQuest SQ555 Utility Software release 2.0
Texas Instruments 1433VQH-X (rev. 2) 33.6K Internal Data Fax Modem
TRIDENT TGUI 9440 AGI (2 disks)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/elcy4e7swmfgtb … vers+2.zip/file

Reply 1264 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ntalaec wrote on 2021-12-23, 17:14:
I have uploaded the following drivers (IMG+scans): 3Com MegaHertz PCMCIA PC CARD 10/100 LAN LCS/Telegraphics universal mouse dri […]
Show full quote

Thanks ! I downloaded it.
One thing about the Syquest driver: Is a very good old archive from 1990 and is Pre- DOS 5.0 so may not work well under DOS 5 or 6.x but will add it to the Library when I can.
Those old versions are always nice to have even if never used 😀

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1265 of 1466, by grantek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've uploaded drivers for the EBOX 2300, which uses the SiS550 SOC (a precursor to the Vortex86 family). The drivers were found after a long search at a different Chinese systems integrator's FTP site (ICOP), and I had to change some allowed PCI IDs in the .INF files to get them working. I haven't found Windows drivers for the SiS7019 sound device anywhere else on the internet, but in this pack there's NT4, VXD Win95/98, and a WDM driver that works on Windows ME. The VGA drivers look like generic SiS315 drivers, but again I had to modify the PCI device ID to get it to install.

https://mega.nz/file/8x9AhLpT#bugEQ0gR6R5qVSX … 5oZrZNeblLyYhXU

More notes about my EBOX 2300 are here: https://forums.overclockers.com.au/threads/eb … for-me.1312648/

Reply 1266 of 1466, by gnif

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After several hours of searching I found a packet driver for the 10/100 PCI SMC Ether Power II (SMC9432TX) with the chip 83C170QF, which works flawlessly. This card came in several versions (10-BaseT, UTP, Fiber) which this driver supports.

Attachments

• Filename
    SMC_EtherPower_II.zip
    File size
    9.85 KiB
    Downloads
    65 downloads
    File comment
    SMC9432TX Packet Driver
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1267 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Two small updates to the site.

1 --

You can now change your password. Passwords are stored as salted digests, following standard practices.

This means I cannot see/retrieve your password, and nor would anyone else be able to, should a security breach happen.

That said, it's still good practice to use different passwords wherever you log in. E.g. don't use the same password for VogonsDrivers and your internet banking! 😀

If you change your password and forget it, DM me and I will reset it for you.

2 --

SSL should now be working correctly. I noticed that if you started in HTTPS then went through the login process, you would get kicked back to unencrypted HTTP at some point during the process. This is fixed.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 1268 of 1466, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Best practice would be also make password reset by some script not wait for manual reset 😀

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 1269 of 1466, by gnif

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ruthan wrote on 2022-01-19, 05:28:

Best practice would be also make password reset by some script not wait for manual reset 😀

Not that I have an account there, but if the original password was in plain text (eek if it were) there is nothing preventing them from being just salted and hashed right now without any resets, etc.

Reply 1270 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
gnif wrote on 2022-01-19, 06:01:

Not that I have an account there, but if the original password was in plain text (eek if it were) there is nothing preventing them from being just salted and hashed right now without any resets, etc.

The way passwords are stored isn't changing, that's always been done using a salting+hashing scheme.

All I've changed is that users can update their own passwords now. Previously it was fixed as a psuedo-random password I generated at account creation.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 1271 of 1466, by gnif

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SquallStrife wrote on 2022-01-19, 06:21:
gnif wrote on 2022-01-19, 06:01:

The way passwords are stored isn't changing, that's always been done using a salting+hashing scheme.

All I've changed is that users can update their own passwords now. Previously it was fixed as a psuedo-random password I generated at account creation.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up 😀

Seems new drivers have been uploaded but my submission a few posts up has been missed, any chance someone can add this one?
I am not looking to get an account, it's rare if I will have anything to add here, my retro collection is very small at this point.

Reply 1272 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gnif wrote on 2022-01-20, 09:10:

Seems new drivers have been uploaded but my submission a few posts up has been missed, any chance someone can add this one?
I am not looking to get an account, it's rare if I will have anything to add here, my retro collection is very small at this point.

Sure will add it when I can, am going to bundle it with the WFW, W95, and 2003, XP drivers.
Uploaded here: http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 2&menustate=0,0

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1273 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote on 2022-01-19, 05:00:

Two small updates to the site.

1 --
You can now change your password. Passwords are stored as salted digests, following standard practices.

Thanks but I like my unique password you gave me 😀

Reply 1274 of 1466, by ntalaec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2021-12-24, 03:18:
Thanks ! I downloaded it. One thing about the Syquest driver: Is a very good old archive from 1990 and is Pre- DOS 5.0 so may no […]
Show full quote
I have uploaded the following drivers (IMG+scans): 3Com MegaHertz PCMCIA PC CARD 10/100 LAN LCS/Telegraphics universal mouse dri […]
Show full quote

One thing about the Syquest driver: Is a very good old archive from 1990 and is Pre- DOS 5.0 so may not work well under DOS 5 or 6.x but will add it to the Library when I can.

Hi Horun,
Could you upload them or could you provide me access to upload them to vogonsdrivers?
Or they are not interesting / useful?

Reply 1275 of 1466, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ntalaec wrote on 2022-01-23, 21:32:
Hi Horun, Could you upload them or could you provide me access to upload them to vogonsdrivers? Or they are not interesting / us […]
Show full quote
Thanks ! I downloaded it. One thing about the Syquest driver: Is a very good old archive from 1990 and is Pre- DOS 5.0 so may no […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

Hi Horun,
Could you upload them or could you provide me access to upload them to vogonsdrivers?

@SquallStrife is the person to contact to set up an account, unless things have changed.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 1276 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Hi Horun, Could you upload them or could you provide me access to upload them to vogonsdrivers? Or they are not interesting / us […]
Show full quote

Hi Horun,

Sorry been working 6 days a week lately (just got off a bit ago) and forgot about it. Will upload it tonite.
As debs3759 said it is Squallstrife who gives access. Since you have been here a while he might grant it if you PM him and ask.

Reply 1277 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi Horun,

I uploaded three last night and planned to upload the other two today but something odd is happening and cannot upload another but can edit, change password, get FTP, etc
Sent Squallstrife a PM maybe he can figure out what is up 😀

OK he helped me fix my issue, was my FF cache was not clearing on exit <somehow got reset> 😮 and uploaded the Trident driver 😁

Reply 1278 of 1466, by ntalaec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2022-01-24, 23:03:
I uploaded three last night and planned to upload the other two today but something odd is happening and cannot upload another b […]
Show full quote

Hi Horun,

I uploaded three last night and planned to upload the other two today but something odd is happening and cannot upload another but can edit, change password, get FTP, etc
Sent Squallstrife a PM maybe he can figure out what is up 😀

OK he helped me fix my issue, was my FF cache was not clearing on exit <somehow got reset> 😮 and uploaded the Trident driver 😁

Thanks!

Reply 1279 of 1466, by Catlamity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys.

Just wanted to thank you all for all the guides and info. I've had a wonderful trek through retro land in the last two months. I also wanted to provide a driver disk from a relatively old piece of hardware I got off amazon. A serial Hibon optical mouse.
Was this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LNNG2IC/

This image was created by reading the driver disk through Rawwrite for windows from a Sony 2x usb fdd.

Also worth noting, the driver disk came with a shareware version of Ken's Labyrinth. I didn't add that. Was how it came.

Also, recently bought some ram chips to upgrade this beauty I got off ebay. It's been a good week.

https://imgur.com/a/XscfGPK

Hope you guys have a great day!

Attachments

• Filename
    HibonMouse.zip
    File size
    871.72 KiB
    Downloads
    80 downloads
    File license
    Public domain