First post, by andre_6
I unplugged the PC to install a missing I/O shield in my case, and I used the occasion to renew the grease on both DVD drives, which I removed to do so.
Replugging the PC and back cables, I saw a window that drivers for a USB keyboard was being installed, but I didn't think too much of it. After a few minutes, everything seemed fine, until I realised I only have sound from the right speaker channel. This is what I did next, to no avail:
1. Reconnected the speaker cables on every connection.
2. Tested the speaker on two other systems, and they were fine on both channels.
3. Removed and reinstalled Realtek drivers (onboard audio), and I even did the same for the Chipset ones, Nvidia and keyboard and mouse (motivated by the previous message I saw), and proceeded to update them online when possible.
4. Did System Restore twice.
5. Tested with headphones, same problem, sound from the right channel only.
I have an Asus P8H61/USB3 board. There's probably a conflict that I'm missing, any ideas? I've been at this for hours and hours. Thank you so much for your help and replies