VOGONS

Reply 440 of 631, by 5ven

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the great driver!

I recently received a Creative CT2900 (Vibra 16s) and had the issue of diagnose.exe not finding the MPU-401 at addresses 300h or 330h (so no MT-32 in games!). This driver solved the issue and the port became usable.

Attachments

Pentium 90 Mhz, 32 MB EDO RAM, Matrox Millennium II, Creative Vibra16s (DOS 6.22/Win 3.11 & Win 95)
Pentium 4 3.2 GHz, 1 GB DDR RAM, Geforce 4200 Ti, Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro (Win 98SE & Win XP Home)
MT-32 & SC-55 mk II

Reply 441 of 631, by aitotat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can't set IRQ 3 for GUS PnP. It defaults to IRQ 11 instead. IRQ 7 was properly set. I did not try IRQ 4 or 5 since they were in use.

GUS_IRQ.jpg
Filename
GUS_IRQ.jpg
File size
117.83 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 442 of 631, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

IRQ 3 is usually the serial port. if you have not disabled it in the bios, it cant use irq3...

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 443 of 631, by aitotat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have disabled serial port 2 so IRQ 3 is free. I'm not sure but I think I had parallel port enabled (IRQ 7) when I tried to test IRQ 7 for GUS PnP and that was set properly.

Reply 444 of 631, by Sly_Botts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there a newer version of this available or is 0.76f the last one?

It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.

Reply 445 of 631, by nbolton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@JazeFox, I just wanted to say thank you so much for Unisound. It's magic and it fixed my Doom II sound issues with the ES1868. Randomly, one day I started only getting midi sound when run from DOS (despite having the correct IRQ set), and only getting FX when run from Windows (but that's to be expected). After running Unisound, Doom II now has FX sound and MIDI in DOS. I guess Windows started initializing the card incorrectly or something. Thanks!

Reply 446 of 631, by JazeFox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all! Thank you for your support and kind words.

Here is a small release with the latest bug fixes and additions:

Tool updated to v0.77a

Changelog:

• Improved card detection, now it's more reliable, especially on slow cards.
  • New eXtended option /XNET : It's a workaround for Realtek (and compatible)
    ISA PnP network cards when paired with other ISA sound card(s). Those net
    cards have a bad hardware PnP implementation that deactivates LDs (logical
    devices) just when scanning for PnP cards without configuring them.
  • Fixed joystick port default values for some cards, like ES1868.
  • Orpheus: New option /XOM0 to force-disable MPU if it's enabled in EEPROM.
  • Orpheus fix: Now Line-in audio is not muted on SPDIF in games/progs.
  • GUS PnP: New option /XGJ : Activate Joystick port
  • GUS PnP: Now all IRQs from 0 to 15 are selectable. Previously, only
    5, 7, 11, 12 15 were available (as listed by original GUS setup and EEPROM)
    Use with caution.
  • Changed Opti 931 init method a bit to try to prevent issues with other
    cards (experimental).
  • Fixed very old bug that caused some cards to disable MPU if same IRQ was set
    for SB and MPU manually.
  • Fixed wrong calculation for Mic-in level on several SBPro compatible cards.

The download link is updated at the end of the first post as usual:
UNISOUND - Universal ISA PnP Sound Card Driver for DOS v0.81b

Reply 447 of 631, by georgel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Will check later if bug of detecting some ESS 18xx cards is fixed but here it is - no need of external clouds for a tiny file like that that size is several times less than contemporary fatware loads on a single average web page.

(Edit: file removed by Dominus)

Last edited by Dominus on 2022-01-23, 12:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 448 of 631, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@JazeFox, thank you a TON for this great tool - it's become my default soundcard configuration utility almost instantly when it started to support the GUS PnP!

JazeFox wrote on 2022-01-21, 18:36:

[*] GUS PnP: Now all IRQs from 0 to 15 are selectable. Previously, only
5, 7, 11, 12 15 were available (as listed by original GUS setup and EEPROM)
Use with caution.

Just a little side-note concerning this: the Interwave is technically able to accept the following IRQs on its pins (so it might be possible to limit them to these options):

IRQs.jpg
Filename
IRQs.jpg
File size
17.47 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 450 of 631, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@georgel, please discuss the storing of the file with JazeFox in private messages but do not add the file yourself when the author clearly wants to post it like this.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 451 of 631, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
JazeFox wrote on 2022-01-21, 18:36:
Hi all! Thank you for your support and kind words. […]
Show full quote

Hi all! Thank you for your support and kind words.

Here is a small release with the latest bug fixes and additions:

Tool updated to v0.77a
[...]

thanks for the update JazeFox!!!!!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 452 of 631, by JazeFox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ooops! /XOM0 option was not working properly, uploaded wrong file 🙁

I updated the first post with correct file for 0.77a , please redownload if you want to use that option. Thanks!

-----

@kolderman no, only pure ISA cards.

@MJay99 yep, I know, in fact, even some IW accepted IRQs could cause issues with some games/demos. It's up to the user now.

@Opus7 , @digistorm If you can try new option /XNET with your RTL net cards, it would be great to know if the workaround is working well. It does work with my setup and 2 different RTL cards.

Reply 453 of 631, by aitotat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Gus PnP now works with IRQ 3. Unisound is far better and easier to use than iwinit. Unisound sure is great. I once avoided PnP cards but thanks to Unisound, I now prefer PnP cards because it is so easy to reconfigure the cards and set volumes.

Reply 455 of 631, by digistorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JazeFox wrote on 2022-01-23, 15:07:

@Opus7 , @digistorm If you can try new option /XNET with your RTL net cards, it would be great to know if the workaround is working well. It does work with my setup and 2 different RTL cards.

Yes, it is working here! Thanks for all the effort!

Reply 457 of 631, by Fox Mulder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for the new version, JazeFox!

I've been trying v0.77a these past few weeks and I noticed it initializes Avance Logic sound cards with very low volume. I have a couple, one with DT-0196H, both ALS007 essentially.

I really like their SB16 compatibility and great LS262 OPL3 clone chip, but I can barely hear them via the Line Out jack to an amplifier, unless I type UNISOUND /V99 /VW99 /VF99, then I can hear something.

I have v0.70d-TEST of UNISOUND and this older version sets normal volume levels, similar to the official Avance Logic DOS driver.

I'll attach dumps of both cards, just in case.

Thanks again. Cheers.

Attachments

• Filename
    DT-0196H.zip
    File size
    12.95 KiB
    Downloads
    55 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    ALS007.zip
    File size
    12.94 KiB
    Downloads
    53 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 458 of 631, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Am386DX-40 wrote on 2022-01-31, 14:24:

Is the IBM MWave card supported?

Unlikely to work.

There are various mwave cards and implementation. Various IBM ThinkPads had it integrated onboard, and there were also various mwave adapter cards, such as those installed in some IBM Aptiva computers.

But regardless of the implementation, for the mwave to work, you would need to upload some DSP firmware to the card on startup, which unisound does not support.

Reply 459 of 631, by Tandy1000TL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I didn't even think about using this for other sound cards but it has been a saviour to get the Yamaha YMF working easily in my Tandy 1000TL. It allows me to easily disable it so that I can use the Tandy DAC and keep the sound card set to IRQ7/DMA1, which the built in DAC simply doesn't like. Finally allowed a sound card to easily go in the Tandy and work under basically all conditions. Love it! Thanks heaps 😀

Tandy 1000TL, 486DX4-100, IBM Aptiva K6-233, P2, P3, P4, C2D
MP32L, MT32, SC55-MKii, SC-8820, Integra-7, MotifRackES, MU80, MU500, etc.
SB 1.0, Snark Barker, SB1.5, SB Pro, SB16, Awe64, Adlib Clone, PAS16, etc.
X2GS, S2, MCCake, Orpheus, BlasterBoard