VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello all, I have been looking at the Geforce2 line of cards lately and was seeing multiple variations of the model numbers used on these. I was curious if anyone knew what the "TVR" means when a Geforce2 GTS is labeled as TVR/32m. Also on a Geforce2 Deluxe how would I decipher the model # V7700Deluxe/N/32M/U? I know this would mean it is an Asus V7700 Deluxe with 32m of DDR Ram but what do the "N" and "U" stand for. I am hoping that when I buy one that I am not buying some downgraded or less-than OEM version of the card so want to make sure I fully understand these model codes. Thanks!

Reply 1 of 5, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

IIRC TVR designates an ASUS card with VIVO (Video In Video Out) functionality. Basically it doubles as a capture card for watching TVs shows and what not. NVIDIA VIVO cards are generally harder to find and actually slightly more desirable, they rarely deviate performance wise where as ATI cards with VIVO from the same era were usually cut down slightly.

If memory serves N just designates its a middle of the road, consumer card. PURE branded cards were premium enthusiast targeted cards. If anything what you have would be the standard card at standard frequencies. If memory serves U in an ASUS card means its AGP.

Also greetings fellow non-Chicago IL resident!

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 4 of 5, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"TVR" is PCB identification. It may come as VGA (Pure), TV-Out only, VIVO or VIVO + 3D Stereo jack (Deluxe).

Also on a Geforce2 Deluxe how would I decipher the model # V7700Deluxe/N/32M/U?

"N" stands for NTSC signal. Not sure about "U", may be Ultra, but I don't know if GeForce 2 Ultra with 32 Mb of memory was a thing.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 5 of 5, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That you all from the replies. That helps a lot!

TheAbandonwareGuy, I see you are from Carbondale. I’ve spent some time down there. I’m a couple hours north of ya. I feel it’s important to specify that being from IL doesn’t mean Chicago like most think 🤣.