VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 81 of 113, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

"Friends!? Friends?! We've only gone out together three times, and already you're telling me you just want to be friends?"

<-- see profile picture 😉

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 83 of 113, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Shagittarius wrote on 2022-01-20, 00:41:

"War, never been so much fun"

They released a record with the music from that game and Sensible Soccer. (There's another with the music from Gods and Xenon 2.)

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 84 of 113, by Garrett W

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
maxtherabbit wrote on 2022-01-20, 15:22:

He's not a real guy Sam, can I keep his head for a souvenir?

"That's no head Max! That's one damned, ugly time bomb! Let's leave this criminal cesspool pronto!"

Reply 90 of 113, by GoblinUpTheRoad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Still to this day I often use the knock that Guybrush uses in The Secret of Monkey Island when he knocks on the door of Captain Smirk's house. Knock - knock - knockknock - knock 😀

Another one that I think of often is from Might and Magic 6 when you level up and the instructor says "Well Done". Although usually I'd go up several levels at once, so it'd be more like "w-w-w-w-w-w-well Done".

Reply 91 of 113, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"Unit lost"
"Harvester under attack"
"Our base is under attack"
"Ion cannon ready"
"Insufficient funds"
"Unable to comply, building in progress"
"Unit ready" (but only one Unit Ready for every 5 Unit Lost's :'( )
"Low power"

and of course "That was lefthanded!"

And also "Worm sign", always fun xD

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 93 of 113, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Since I've been playing Shadow of Chernobyl:

Professor Sakharov: "Hello? Hello!" You can hear him muttering this a mile away over in the swamp area. His voice really carries...

One of the Duty guards on a catwalk in The Bar: "Get out of here, Stalker. Get out of here, Stalker." Every. Single. Time I walk through there. Once, he was wounded on the floor and I gave him a medkit. He got up and immediately told me to "Get out of here, Stalker."

When entering The Bar: "I said come in! Don't stand there!" (repeat as long as you're in ear-shot).

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 94 of 113, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Welcome to your doom!
Beware, coward! I hunger! etc
Let's go Mr. Driver!
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone, Get Ready!

Music-wise: Space Harrier II on Spectrum, Lotus Turbo Challenge and F1GP intro on Amiga. Apart from the obvious classics like Out Run.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 95 of 113, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Shagittarius wrote on 2022-01-20, 19:30:

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."

Credit for quoting it correctly. 😀

Back when that turned into a tiresome meme, everybody was quoting it wrong in exactly the same way.
It was a funny demonstration of how memes get copied by people who have only read them in youtube comments and haven't even heard the source material.

I think the repetitiveness of Skyrim dialogue was an unfortunate result of Bethesda trying to be too PC. Back in Morrowind, and maybe Oblivion (not sure about that one) every voice actor had different lines, which meant that each "race" and gender would say different things. It made more variety and gave the world more texture. With Skyrim they started having every actor record exactly the same lines, word for word. Makes it more sterile and repetitive, and made that overused "arrow in the knee" line famous.

Reply 96 of 113, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
shamino wrote on 2022-02-03, 23:33:
Credit for quoting it correctly. :) […]
Show full quote
Shagittarius wrote on 2022-01-20, 19:30:

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."

Credit for quoting it correctly. 😀

Back when that turned into a tiresome meme, everybody was quoting it wrong in exactly the same way.
It was a funny demonstration of how memes get copied by people who have only read them in youtube comments and haven't even heard the source material.

I think the repetitiveness of Skyrim dialogue was an unfortunate result of Bethesda trying to be too PC. Back in Morrowind, and maybe Oblivion (not sure about that one) every voice actor had different lines, which meant that each "race" and gender would say different things. It made more variety and gave the world more texture. With Skyrim they started having every actor record exactly the same lines, word for word. Makes it more sterile and repetitive, and made that overused "arrow in the knee" line famous.

I haven't played any of the other TES games except for skyrim and that voice line is used by the guards.
In skyrim there's lots of different voices which you can select for an NPC from within Creation Kit and some are for a particular NPC while other voices are generic voices, for followers for instance or for merchants.
Many of the voice actors would for instance voice a generic voice and 1 or 2 specific NPCs, some voice actors had very few lines because they only voiced a single specific NPC which didn't have many voice lines.
Btw I'm not sure if the arrow in the knee voice line is used by any of the other voices except the guard voice.
I had all the voice lines extracted on my former PC but the data is still stuck on that PC till I can get myself to start doing some backups from that harddrive (if it still works that is).

But these more generic voices also had to work with specific voice lines. So for example there are voice lines for followers so each voice had to use similar lines when a specific event happened (like when you tell a follower to stop following you) and even though there is some diversity, they have to say basically things with the same meaning.
But there is also a lot of diversity there, having tested groups of custom made followers each with a different voiceover and mostly similar for the rest and at least they are not saying identical things for the most part.

At least this is my impression, having spend some time working with the voicelines of skyrim from within creation kit and having made my custom followers.

Report spammers here!

Reply 97 of 113, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Every day in the past few years, it's been this noise (or a remix of).

Attachments

• Filename
    clear.ogg
    File size
    42.78 KiB
    Downloads
    72 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 98 of 113, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

NES Contra "level complete" music.
Jazz Jackrabbit Medivo level music.
Doom E1M1 music.
Warcraft 2 start music.
Xenon 2 start PC speaker music.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.

Reply 99 of 113, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I forgot some: The game Obscure with one of the 5 characters when a room has been fully searched
"There's nothing left for us here".

Hell-copter "Your mission is a failure" or "Mission successfully completed" in a somewhat robotic voice.

Mario Kart 64 whenever Wario uses a speedboost "Here I go" and whenever he slips "ai-ai-ai-aaaaa" and his laugh "Haaaaaaahahahahaha!" sounds really weird xD
Can here some of Wario's voicelines here

Fleet Command, whenever you fire a missile "Taking track (some digits) missile away!" or "Kill track (some digits) birds away!" and "Weapon away (some digits) wilco!"
The "taking track" was btw possibly "engaging track" and if so then I engraved it into my mind incorrectly 😜

Report spammers here!